PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands. Sanity check. Please help.

balkii
01-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Well I am currently in the midst of a 5300 hand, 150 BB losing streak. I have lost all ability to objectively evaluate my play, so I am asking for your help.

I gets very hard to be as aggressive as you should be when you a running terribly, but I am trying very hard not to see monsters everywhere I look. Here are two hands that I played aggressivly, when I didnt have the nuts. Take a look:

Hand 1: Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is BB

MP2 limps, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, CO calls

Flop(9 1/3 SB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP2 folds, CO calls

Turn(5 2/3 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls

River(13 2/3 BB): 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

Hand 2: Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is UTG

Hero raises, EP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop(8 1/3 SB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, EP1 calls, Button calls, BB folds

Turn(5 2/3 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, EP1 calls, Button folds

River(7 2/3 BB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, EP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, EP1 caps, Hero calls

What do you think?

PS Can anyone tell me how to make the results in white? I click on the font color but I just cant get it to work.

I will post results soon

BottlesOf
01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
I think Hand 1 is ok, however, I'm not sure I'd bet the river. With what hands do you think he'd cap the turn?

On 2, What were your reasons for raising 99? I'm not saying it wasn't proper at that table, but I don't find myself doing that often.

I suppose you could be behind to J9, but that's pretty unlikely. I'd ordinarily guess a split pot, but I don't think you'd post the hand in that case, so I'm gonna say you lost to the unliklely J9.

balkii
01-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Yes I agree I should not have bet river on Hand 1. I guess i just reaaaally wanted him to have KQ or TT.

Hand 2. I typically raise 99. Reasons? (a) Its probably the best hand, (b) i want fewer players in the pot (c) raising is more fun.
Yes I felt J9 was rather unlikely, so I 3-bet in case he was raising a set or two pair, and had to call the cap.