PDA

View Full Version : this guy screamed at me

foofighter
01-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Level 6 im big blind with 9d,3d...utg calls,pass to MP(mr aggressive) who raised, button calls and i decided to call because im getting to the short stack point at the table and he had raised my BB three times in a row i wanted to defend it this time. any way flop is Ad 2d 10d, i bet, next guy calls and mr aggression raises folded to me and i reraise pretty much deciding this is the tourney for me on this hand. Next guy calls and mr agressin caps...turn was 7h and the same betting happened...river was Qc and my last bet was me all-in. both called i had the flush, guy next to me had Ac,10c and mr agression had Kc Jh. So i won no big deal but he proceeds to scream at me for calling his preflop raise for the next twenty minutes. He got really heated after i said to him that he never should have raised in the first place with his weak KJo. He now seemed fixated on getting my chips and i didnt really know how to deal with it. Nobody at the table was taking my side or even telling him just to calm down. I mean it was only one measley hand right. Any advice on how to deal with this kind of thing?

ThaSaltCracka
01-30-2004, 05:46 PM
ignore him, let your cards do the talking for you. He is obviously on tilt now, so you shouldn't be worrying about yourself.
besides your in the big bling, with suited cards, I would call there almost everytime

Che
01-30-2004, 05:50 PM
If you like being mean, type the mean things you're thinking in the chat box. Lots of room for true but mean statements with this bozo.

My preference, however, is to just ignore it. I've never had to turn off player chat, but I've thought about it, and you should do it if his rants are negatively affecting your play.

Finally, the best thing to do when it's over is usually to just forget about it except for cases like this when posting the situation here is correct since we can all use a good laugh every now and then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thomastem
01-30-2004, 05:51 PM
When someone yells at me for taking their chips my reply is "Well my Pelican told me to do it." /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jw2k
01-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Ideally, pick up AA next time this Howard Dean wannabe raises your BB /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let's see... you've got position on a loose-agressive player who is now on tilt, and it sounds like he's out to get you. Definitely be prepared to reraise him with a wider range of hands than you normally would. You want to get heads up against this guy preflop, then let him do the driving postflop, until you know you have him. From just the one KJ hand, I'd be in there reraising with AK-AJo and ATs, KQs, and pairs 99-KK... I might even smooth call for the first time ever with AA here.

Oh yeah, any time he mentions the hand, I'd just ignore him and start restacking my chips. Its always hard for me to decide if they should be stacked in a nice rectangular shape (adjacent rows interlocking and offset), or whether to go with the more natural triangular shape. A pyramid is always nice too, if one has enough chips for a solid base. Sometimes I even like to make a little fort. You know, I bet your opponent would be willing to make a suggestion about what to do with your chips if you just asked nicely.

CptMisery
01-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Foo,

I'm guessing you were playing live at a brick and mortar card room. If this is the case and you feel uncomfortable I would find another table or leave the game. It sounds like neither the dealer, nor other employees of the establishment, noticed that your opponent was carrying on and being disruptive. He may be a regular who does this all of the time.

I actually enjoy being in this position. As others have commented, the opponent is now on tilt and focusing on beating you at all costs. Take advantage of it if you can handle his comments and in the end you will reap the profits of his emotions.

If you don't mind me asking, did this game take place in a public card room? If so, where?

The Captain

sam h
01-31-2004, 03:01 AM
There are two options here.

1) You just ignore him.

2) You start ragging on him for going four bets on the flop and turn with KJ and no diamonds on an Ad 2d Td board. Tell him you thought he was stupid enough that you might have had implied odds.

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 03:03 AM
Advice I got about this a while ago....

Tell him/her: "Shhhhhh... I'm counting my chips"

I just love that line in instances like this, and it only makes them tilt even more.....

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

'Mez

Bobby Digital
01-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Ask him if he would like it anymore if it were the Kd and Qd.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-31-2004, 03:23 PM
Just admit that you're an idiot, and tell him to make sure to put that in his notes. Let him rant. I may not have made your play, but really it's only one small bet preflop that we can possibly flame you for. Ok, so I'll flame you...

Fllllaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee!

Feel better now?

Nice hand.

al

foofighter
01-31-2004, 04:30 PM
yes it was public @ bay 101 and it was a tourney so i couldnt moved to another table on my own...anyway he busted out shortly after that and i went on to finish 9th. Not great but at least i was in the money.