PDA

View Full Version : QJo in MP

Benn Eubank
01-30-2004, 03:31 PM
3/6 Party. Just sat down. No reads.

Dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP. 4 folds to me, I raise. SB calls, BB calls. 3 to the flop for 6sb.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, BB calls, Hero calls. 3 to the turn for 6BB

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

SB bets, BB calls.

Which button do you press at this point? Any comments are much appreciated on any part of the play. Explanations are especially appreciated.

Cheers, Benn

steveyz
01-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I'd fold, but you are almost getting the correct odds to call. If you know that the SB & BB will bet and call a raise on the river, then it may be correct to stay in with your gut-shot. The odds of hitting your straight is 10.5:1, and you are getting 8:1 from the pot. You have to be sure you can get at least 3 more BBs out of your opponents to be calling here. I doubt a raise would be correct as you have almost no chance of having both opponents fold here or on the river if you don't hit.

pudley4
01-30-2004, 03:42 PM
First of all, the pot was only 4.5 BB (9 sb) on the turn. Your flop call is fine, since you're closing the action.

On the turn, there are 6.5BB in the pot when it gets to you. You'd need to collect 2 BB from each of your opponents on the river in order to make this a good call.

Fold the turn.

sfer
01-30-2004, 03:56 PM
If you hit your gutshot and the blinds bet and call into you and both call your raise on the river, you get to break-even. Easy fold.

Benn Eubank
01-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks very much to those that took the time to reply. I did fold and, if you're still reading this nail-biter, a 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif came on the river, SB bet out again and the BB folded.