PDA

View Full Version : slow play online

bmedwar
01-30-2004, 02:17 PM
last night I was playing three games on party. On one of them the guy to my left was bitching like hell in the chat about me playing too slowly. I would take a few seconds to make each decision, but I'd rarely get that timer tick down, and I never got auto-outed from the timer expiring. This guy was going nuts saying that I was ruining the game, but nobody else at the table seemed to mind my pace. Nobody at any other table has complained either. I turned off the chat after a while. One hand I was on a draw heads-up with the complainer and I missed; he bet on the river and I waited until the timer went down to 5 seconds until I folded. He left the table a few hands later. Should I try to speed up my game or is this guy just impatient?

NutCrackerr
01-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Sure a slow game can be annoying, but you did nothing wrong. Take as much time as you need.

TriciaToyota
01-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Some people seem to take the entire time limit every time it comes to them. I personally find this really annoying. But since it's their prerogative I usually just go to another table if it keeps up for too long. It's more frustrating when the table is good and I can't leave /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MrDannimal
01-31-2004, 01:02 PM
If you never had the "20 second" timer show up, I'd say you were okay.

I also don't think taking extra time on tougher calls (I have a pair and a draw, but I miss. Is my pair good?) isn't bad, if you don't do it all the time.

I think the fact that you considered the situation at all means you probably weren't playing too slowly and weren't out to wreck the game. If the whole table were on your case, that's one thing. Bu tit sounds like you ran into a random jagoff who wants everyone to use the auto-buttons. Ignoring him and playing your game is the way to go.

Zele
01-31-2004, 02:36 PM
I would say courtesy dictates if the timer is showing up repeatedly, you are playing to slowly. Otherwise, you're fine and the guy was just being a tool.

ZeeJustin
01-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Interestingly enough, one of the best 6 max tables I've ever played on had 2 complete maniacs that were capping constantly with crap. I was playing fast, generally clicking the button within less than .5 seconds, but my modem caused a 1-2 second delay. The maniacs were yelling at me, with their obscenities in *gasp* CAPITAL letters. They even told me to leave the table over this relatively small delay.

I don't know if this is relevant at all, but I thought I'd share anyway.