PDA

View Full Version : Site Statistics at Low Stakes

thomastem
01-30-2004, 12:21 PM
I can drill my statistics down to the site for profit and hours etc. Amongst the 5 sites my time is divided close to equally. One site that is reputed to be the easiest (biggest fish pond) is the only site I'm running a loss at while the other 4 are fairly close in hourly profit. Digging a little deeper I see flop% is similar amongst the 3 sites.

What are some legitimate reason that this might be?

Hutz not even Grey Poupon will call this post spam. Stop causing trouble and grow a set.

Bob T.
01-30-2004, 01:44 PM
TT, your style is very aggresssive, and I am certain that some of your profit comes from winning pots where your opponents folded. At what is reputed to be the easiest site, your opponents probably don't fold with the same frequency, and you have to showdown more semibluffs and bluffs.

I play at five sites, and my winrate is lowest at party poker. I have between 250 and 600 hours at each site, so it is possible that it is a sample size problem, but at the same time it does make you wonder.

JTG51
01-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Wow, I'm surprised to see you coming here for advice. I thought you hated everything about this forum.

How many hands have you played? If you've played equally at five different sites, you most likely haven't played a statistically significant number of hands at any one site. Your win rate is still very volatile after even 20K or 30K hands, even more so if you play an aggressive style with a relatively high SD.

harboral
01-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey - you state that the win rate would still be volatile for an aggressive player at 30K hands.........what number would you consider to be able to provide a stable number? Thanks, AL

Bob T.
01-30-2004, 04:39 PM
The conventional wisdom, would be 2000 hours of live play, which would be in the range of 60-80K hands.