PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars is rigged

dragonsbb16
01-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Does anyonelse feel that Pokerstars is rigged? The flops are not random, the turns entice betting and the river ALWAYS falls as the winning hand. I have seen this on play money tables the most and tourneies, and i have observed real money tables. They can say they hav random deals, shuffles and community cards but i feel that is a utter lie... I had Qd - 9h and the flop was Qs- 6c - 7d
turn was 9c and the river was Jd so my 1 oppenent had 8-10d suited adn won with straight. This was the similar patteren on many of the hands that iplayed and watched. The turn enticed me to bet big b/c i high 2 pair and then he pulls out a river card? Anyone else feel that Pokerstars is not a random game.....Please give me feedback

Joe Tall
01-30-2004, 12:09 PM
It's not rigged. You may just suck at poker.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Christoferj
01-30-2004, 12:14 PM
why would it be rigged ? what would they earn to rigg it ?
nothing ...

Carnell
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Let's face it. When you get bad beats in person, it sucks but you can accept it. When you get bad beats on the computer, there will always be something in the back of your mind that says it is rigged because it is on a computer. I do not play on the computer anymore because it is too addicting and I will never trust it 100%.

raptor517
01-30-2004, 12:42 PM
only possible benefit of that would be to increase the rake. the more action there is, the higher of a rake they can take. thats the only thing that i could possibly see for a reason, but dont misconstrue my comment, im not saying i believe the game is rigged, only that this could be a possible reason as to why it is.

pudley4
01-30-2004, 12:42 PM
If you're so bad that you don't understand he beat you on the turn, then I have absolutely zero faith in your ability to determine whether their deal is rigged or not.

BIGRED
01-30-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... I had Qd - 9h and the flop was Qs- 6c - 7d
turn was 9c and the river was Jd so my 1 oppenent had 8-10d suited adn won with straight.... Please give me feedback

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU: Qd, 9h
HIM: 8d, 10d

FLOP: Qs, 6c, 7d >>> YOU WINNING
TURN: 9c >>> YOU NOT WINNING
RIVER: Jd >>> ????? RIVER BEAT? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

37offsuit
01-30-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not rigged. You may just suck at poker.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

How come he gets the nice welcome?

Dr.Kimble
01-30-2004, 01:26 PM
low limit its normal

Apocalypse
01-30-2004, 01:38 PM
a good friend of mine is playing 100/200 at pokerstars (not naming him since i know he wants to be as anonymous as can be, online as well as on forums) and he is a BIG winning player (talking about 5 digits/month yes sirree) and hes suspecting the same thing. That statistically the underdog wins too often, counted over thousands and thousands of hands. I do not know a thing about this so im just quoting, and probably the original poster here cant take a bad beat (if this even counts as one), but it isn't totally impossible imo because of the reasons stated above. All i know for sure is, that humankind has been known for stranger scamming urges,once they get those big dollarsigns in their eyes...

davidross
01-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Of course it's rigged. I haven't placed in th emoney in even one of the Zoo tournaments even though I'm clearly one of the best 100 or so players on this site. THe only explanation that makes sense is that it''s rigged.

wacki
01-30-2004, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some poker tracker like statistics on this.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Don't you just love it when they hang themselves.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-30-2004, 02:28 PM
I have seen this on play money tables the most

We've busted them!! They're out to steal our play money!!! Call the cops!!!!

pudley4
01-30-2004, 03:12 PM
From an earlier post:

[ QUOTE ]
...Play chips only, i do not gamble with real money online

[/ QUOTE ]

And from this post:

[ QUOTE ]
...and i have observed (note: not actually played) real money tables

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never actually played real money tables on any online site? Instead you're assuming the play money players are going to care about odds???

WTF - it's PLAY MONEY! Most of the play money players either bet or call until the river to see if they won. If they bust out, they get more free chips. Of course you're going to get beat on the river more often if everyone is chasing.

[ QUOTE ]
but i feel ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Feeling is not proof. Go get statistical evidence, backed up by at least 100,000 hands, then come back and prove it.

BottlesOf
01-30-2004, 07:42 PM
I believe this was said tounge in cheek.

racingspider
01-30-2004, 08:26 PM
This is an OBVIOUS use of pattern mapping. They other guy was using it. YOU must learn to pattern map also, then you would have KNOWN what the next two cards were. Find more info on Pattern Mapping, there is a good book on pattern mapping and the deviations of subsequent hands based on the current flop. Serious.

jedi
01-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Damn, it took 17 posts before pattern mapping was mentioned. Go out and read PMFAP. Then you'll understand everything.

[ QUOTE ]
This is an OBVIOUS use of pattern mapping. They other guy was using it. YOU must learn to pattern map also, then you would have KNOWN what the next two cards were. Find more info on Pattern Mapping, there is a good book on pattern mapping and the deviations of subsequent hands based on the current flop. Serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

sevennine
02-03-2004, 10:34 AM
the money from the leg. players that is what the website can earn and the rake. I don't think cheats on the sites get the best cards, they get to see all players cards. Think how powerful that can be if you as a player get to see the cards of other players. Wake up people stealing money from leg. players is as old as poker. They steal from players in live games all the time, and we are there paying attention and the mang. is trying to steal. Don't you think the web sites have come up with a way when you the player cannot see the mang. action They steal the minute you sign the contract "THE PLAYERS CAN ONLY CASH-OUT ONCE A WEEK" what a rip-off. How can you mange your money under these conditions. The web-sites installed this rule for a reason. to keep your money. The only way to beat this rule is you the player must hold accounts in seven different websites, and this only increases your ability to mange your. This concept is not 100%. Playing on line is a losing venture that is the bottom line.

Slacker13
02-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Wow! Qd 9h ? I suppose you raised that UTG and cannot figure out why such fine cards were beaten?

jonahmavesin
02-03-2004, 02:00 PM
the money from the leg. players that is what the website can earn and the rake. I don't think cheats on the sites get the best cards, they get to see all players cards. Think how powerful that can be if you as a player get to see the cards of other players. Wake up people stealing money from leg. players is as old as poker. They steal from players in live games all the time, and we are there paying attention and the mang. is trying to steal. Don't you think the web sites have come up with a way when you the player cannot see the mang. action They steal the minute you sign the contract "THE PLAYERS CAN ONLY CASH-OUT ONCE A WEEK" what a rip-off. How can you mange your money under these conditions. The web-sites installed this rule for a reason. to keep your money. The only way to beat this rule is you the player must hold accounts in seven different websites, and this only increases your ability to mange your. This concept is not 100%. Playing on line is a losing venture that is the bottom line.

This is the most insightful message I've ever read on these boards. All you who are bashing the original poster would do well to study these words 10-20 times until you truly understand what is going on.

Thank you, sevennine. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed is king.

pudley4
02-03-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They steal the minute you sign the contract "THE PLAYERS CAN ONLY CASH-OUT ONCE A WEEK" what a rip-off. How can you mange your money under these conditions. The web-sites installed this rule for a reason. to keep your money. The only way to beat this rule is you the player must hold accounts in seven different websites, and this only increases your ability to mange your. This concept is not 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is so utterly devoid of logic it's fascinating.

bisonbison
02-03-2004, 05:10 PM
This is a quality thread.

mmahlin
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh man, it's so obvious I can't believe I didn't see it before now. Phil Ivey should definitely file a protest re: last year's WSOP. After all, Moneymaker hit a miracle card on the river, thus knocking Ivey out, and Moneymaker is a Poker Stars player. He obviously found a way to apply the online gaming software to live play, jacked in, and won himself a whole mess o' money. Personally, I think the Kniights of the Templar are behind all of it anyway. Oops, I shouldn't have said that...is that someone knocking on my door..........

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Jonah I am sorry, but I must advise everyone to not read that post. you will become very very dumb after reading it. It makes absolutely no sense. My Head hurts /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I don't know whats going on...... someone pass the cheetos.......zzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzz

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2004, 08:50 PM
did you post this for fun or what? or are you serious..... if so can I play cards with you?

rigoletto
02-03-2004, 09:43 PM
They steal the minute you sign the contract "THE PLAYERS CAN ONLY CASH-OUT ONCE A WEEK" what a rip-off. How can you mange your money under these conditions. The web-sites installed this rule for a reason. to keep your money. The only way to beat this rule is you the player must hold accounts in seven different websites

...or cash out once a week.

MicroBob
02-04-2004, 06:26 AM
"Of course it's rigged. I haven't placed in th emoney in even one of the Zoo tournaments even though I'm clearly one of the best 100 or so players on this site. THe only explanation that makes sense is that it''s rigged."

sorry david...but the fact that I actually DID place in a KOTZ event on Stars is far more conclusive proof that the deal on stars is not on the up-and-up. because i really suck.

thankfully, i had just received PMFAP from overstock.com and just a single read made up for my lack of poker-ability.
best $279 i ever spent for a single book.

Losing all
02-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Not to be a wiseass, but threads like this really bring out the nut jobs.

SoBeDude
02-04-2004, 11:49 AM
whats a mang.?

Domer007
02-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Changing the subject slightly, what online poker sites would anyone recommend? Though I'm not new to the Internet or poker, I've yet to jump to online poker and typically stick to my home games. Is there any real difference in the sites or should the decision be based more on the bonus received for signing up? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Big Business
02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
I have played pokerstars alot and I do get bad beats...just like everyone does. People just need to realize sometimes bad players in one hand are better than good ones. The "suck" guy goes all in with his 89off against AK and catches a 8 or 9...it happens. I don't think it's rigged but I have seen some really bad beat on there.

obex
02-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Shouldn't they just start a "conspiracy" forum for all these "I-get-rivered-all-the-time-by-all-the-loose-low-limit-players-so-it-must-be-rigged-because-it-can't-possibly-be-bad-luck-or-that-I-suck" posts?
Am I alone in this?

ChipWrecked
02-04-2004, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe this was said tounge in cheek.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been laughing at Joe's tounge in cheek welcome posts lately. They're all along that line, "You suck. Welcome to the forum". Funny, man. Worthy of your own avatar there.

Joe Tall
02-05-2004, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been laughing at Joe's tounge in cheek welcome posts lately. They're all along that line, "You suck. Welcome to the forum". Funny, man

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just being blantly honest. So many times when things go wrong in poker (and in life) everyone points the finger outward.

It's a real player (and person) that points it outward while standing in front of the mirror.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ChipWrecked
02-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Agreed. And congrats to the Pats BTW. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gibs
02-05-2004, 06:33 PM
When I first started playing online poker I also thought some of the sites might be rigged to create more action. I don't think this is the case, however. With the influx of bad players lately, I don't think they need to rig the flops to get a lot of action. I think the reason why people think this is because they are seeing many more hands per hour when they play online. Hands are played much quicker, so it just seems like you see more suited, big cards, and other "action" flops. Thats just my opinion though.

Pokerho
02-05-2004, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason why people think this is because they are seeing many more hands per hour when they play online. Hands are played much quicker, so it just seems like you see more suited, big cards, and other "action" flops. Thats just my opinion though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my opinion as well. A friend tried out partypoker, and was amazed at the number of times he saw AA and KK, but surely it was just the 100's of hands he played over the course of a few hours.

What could the poker sites really have to gain? They are seemingly making so much money, why would they risk getting taken down or boycotted, or whatever?

If you watch the party poker lobby, it seems like a new $10 NL game starts about every 30 seconds. Let's be conservative and call it once a minute. That's $10 a minute JUST in the $10 game. Or am I missing something?

bigpooch
02-06-2004, 03:04 PM
I don't get it! I must be special since I can withdraw
money four times a month with no problems! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Why would
have to withdraw more than once a week, anyway? I would
rather have my BR online.

bigpooch
02-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Go to pokerpulse.com and look at the big four. For the
best action, by far and away, and the most traffic, it will
be PartyPoker. On the other hand, if you play HU NL
tournaments or something else that doesn't seem available
on PartyPoker, you'll probably find it elsewhere. Also, if
you are playing low limit but are willing to deposit $500 or
more, it's a great idea to take advantage of any deposit
bonus. In addition, if you are going to sign up some sites,
you may want to strike a deal with an affiliate to get some
money back too.

The biggest deposit bonus this month is at ParadisePoker:
max $50 for every Sunday in February (it's 10% of what you
deposit). Ultimatebet is a great site too because of mini-
view and it seems their software is the best overall.

Pokeraddict
02-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Now going back to original post it shows what little you know about poker if you dont see how you were already beat before river. Your opp hit a gutshot on the turn. You only had 4 outs to river him. The example you gave goes against your own theory since noone got rivered in that hand. But I see where you are coming from, I hate when my Q9o gets beat on the turn.

mosch
02-06-2004, 11:32 PM
For further proof, I've won 100% of the Zoo tournaments that I've entered at stars. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim Easton
02-07-2004, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't mind seeing some poker tracker like statistics on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=258852&page=&view=&sb =5&o=) ?

Al_Capone_Junior
02-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Look. Every time I see a post like this, I point out the obvious. IT'S THE ALIENS, WHO ARE CONSPIRARING WITH THE GOVERNMENT, AGAINST YOU. The mother ship up above controls the flops, rivers, etc, that's the only reason you EVER have a hand that loses. It's all pre-ordained according to the whims of the collective consciousness of the alien master race. So just accept it and be prepared for your nightly anal probe, EARTHLING.

al

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-08-2004, 01:37 PM

bigpooch
02-09-2004, 09:52 AM
You didn't present sufficient evidence so I just went
bonus whoring there! But even if I blow my deposit and
bonus, I'll still be hard pressed to believe it's rigged!

Unless, it's the phone company! /images/graemlins/smile.gif