PDA

View Full Version : Me and Mr. Jones

brian0729
01-30-2004, 11:17 AM
I sit down at a 2/4 game and post in LMP. This is from memory but I think I can get close.

UTG limps, I raise, CO or Button calls two cold, AliasMrJones makes it three bets, UTG calls, I cap, button calls two more cold and UTG calls, 4 to the flop.

Flop: 9QK, two spades

AMJ bets, UTG calls, I raise, button calls,
AMJ three bets, UTG calls, I cap, all call. UTG is all in now.

Turn: T no spade
AMJ bets, I call, button calls

River: blank spade
AMJ checks, I check, button checks.

This will be a two part question. First is what do we have and secondly how did I play my hand.

scotnt73
01-30-2004, 11:49 AM
amj=QQ
you=AK

AJo Go All In
01-30-2004, 11:56 AM
you have 23o, and you played it very poorly imo

spamuell
01-30-2004, 12:06 PM
You have AA.
AMJ has AA.

You both played the river weakly. The problem with this type of question is that we don't know how you played it.

brian0729
01-30-2004, 12:09 PM
You both played the river weakly.

I would agree.

The problem with this type of question is that we don't know how you played it.

Not sure I understand this.

Neither of us had AA.

brian0729
01-30-2004, 12:59 PM
AMJ had QQ
I had KK

I think the PF and the flop we both played st8 forward and accurate.

I think his turn bet is good. I think my turn call is horrible. I put AMJ on AA, QQ, AQs or maybe AKs all of which Im ahead, of it was the other player I was concerened with.

I think we both played the river poorly. I was going to check call. I dont know what AMJ thought but I figured the CO/Button had me with a J or a couple of spades. I was almost sick to my stomach when the river was checked thru.

Looking at it now. A turn raise probably changes the way the rest of the hand played out and was a huge mistake on my part for not doing it.

With an all in player and a player calling all those bets to the river, does anybody check/call this river?

AMJ your thoughts?

bmedwar
01-30-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with this type of question is that we don't know how you played it.
Not sure I understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he is saying is that you can tell us how you played it (i.e. we both played the river weakly) or tell us the cards you had, but you can't ask for both and expect a single answer. There are an array of answers to the question you posed depending on how you played the hand.

brian0729
01-30-2004, 01:53 PM
I wasn't expecting much evaluation of my play until I posted the results, which I have.

I agree, it was a little difficult to critique my play without actually knowing what I had. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

AliasMrJones
01-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Ha ha! I had copied this hand history and was about post it, when I saw you already had! Your hand history was slighty wrong, but it doesn't change anything. I check-raised the flop. Here is the actual hand history courtesy of slavic's converter:

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
AliasMrJones has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB
brian0729 has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is EP2
UTG had T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP2 had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG limps, brian0729 raises, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds, AliasMrJones 3-bets, UTG calls, brian0729 caps, MP2 calls, AliasMrJones calls, UTG calls

Flop(16 1/2 SB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

AliasMrJones checks, UTG checks, brian0729 bets, MP2 calls, AliasMrJones raises, UTG calls, brian0729 3-bets, MP2 calls, AliasMrJones caps, UTG calls(all-in), brian0729 calls, MP2 calls

Turn(16 1/4 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

AliasMrJones bets, brian0729 calls, MP2 calls

River(19 1/4 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

AliasMrJones checks, brian0729 checks, MP2 checks

After brian capped the flop check-raise, I figured him for the KK or maybe AK. His turn call was puzzling. With both very possible straight and flush possibilities, I checked the river thinking drawers would fold if they hadn't made it and raise if they had. I really thought one/both of the two others had hit the straight or the flush. I was surprised that it was checked through and also surprised that brian took it down with his kings.

Something is happening here, and you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?

brian0729
01-30-2004, 03:29 PM
After brian capped the flop check-raise, I figured him for the KK or maybe AK. His turn call was puzzling.

My thought process was quick and disturbing. When you bet the turn i thought "Damn, JJ" and auto called. The minute I hit the call button I thought "You dumb XXX, he doesnt cap the flop w/ JJ. Dumb Dumb. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

One last thing: The minute the hand was over I assured AMJ that I was not using any pattern mappers. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AliasMrJones
01-30-2004, 04:10 PM
I am deeply hurt that you would think for a moment that I'd cap it in the BB with JJ.

I actually didn't believe brian when he claimed to be pattern mapper-less. His turn call clearly showed that he WAS using a pattern mapper, but not the new log8 algorithm!

BTW, when I was getting the hand history ready to post I was initially going to post with your username in it. Then I wondered if that was a generally acceptable practice. I certainly don't mind if anyone uses my name in a hand I was involved in, but I know some are secretive if their Party handles and so I wondered if some might not want their play posted with their names. Does anyone not want their names used in hand histories? Should I post away and not worry about it?

J.R.
01-30-2004, 04:52 PM
I think the general etiquette is to ask the other player first, or just say one of your opponents in the hand was another 2+2'er, leaving it up to the other 2+2'er to indentify themselves if they choose.