PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set with heavy flop action

surfdoc
01-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Paradise 2/4. Game seems typical and a bit tighter than Party. No real reads as I am fairly new to the table.

Hero is in MP 2 with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG limps, hero limps, CO limps, SB completes, BB calls

Flop:7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, BB raises, hero 3 bets, CO folds, SB caps, BB calls, hero calls

Turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif (7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

SB bets, BB raises, what is my move?

danish69
01-30-2004, 09:23 AM
This one is tricky.
If I am right, there is 11,5BB in the pot.
You have 10 outs to make a boat, which is about 4.5-1.
So it would have been an easy call, if SB had not been so agressive on the flop.
I would say call, even though SB is likely to re-raise, and BB might cap it.
A 9 on the river could give a split pot with all this action, plus if you get the boat, you will have position, and there certainly will be action on the river.

josie_wales
01-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Looks like you are certainly beat.

You will need to catch one of your 10 outs for quads or a boat or roughly 4.5-1

You are facing 2BB into a 11BB pot which is 5.5-1.
However, it will surely bet 3-bet minimum and probably capped.

Throw in the fact that you said it was a tight table.

I'd fold.

This sound ok to everyone?

JW

Bob T.
01-30-2004, 10:13 AM
If it gets capped on the turn, you are getting 16-4 to call and you have 10 outs to a full house or better, which is somewhere between 4.2 to 4.4 to hit, assuming both of your opponents have at least one 9. But you will be able to collect at least two bets on the river if you fill up, and probably as many as 4, and I don't think you need to call any river bets if you don't, so I think you have an easy call here.

surfdoc
01-30-2004, 04:54 PM
I also thought this was an easy call. Of course it was reraised and capped. River came down a blank and I mucked after another bet/raise. Both flipped up the expected 9 and split the pot.

Thanks for the responses

harboral
01-30-2004, 07:23 PM
How smart am I? Not very, I forgot about the possibility of what probably are two 9's left in the deck to make a split - Thanks for keeping my brain awake. AL