PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone fold this monster on the river??

davidross
01-30-2004, 04:30 AM
This is really just a way to steam off about my bad luck, but seriously I was 99.99% sure I was rivered and I still called 2 bets on the river.

6max 5/10 game. Regular line up. EP limp and I'm on the button with 9s 9h. I raise and the SB 3 bets and teh BB caps it. EP calls 3 cold, and I call 2 cold. 4 to the flop.

Flop Td 9h 8s.

BB bets and EP calls. I raise. SB 3 bets, BB calls, EP calls and I cap it. At this point SB is the only one I consider I could be behind.

Turn (Td 9h 8s) Th

SB bets out. I'm not ready to consider quads yet so I thikI'm looking real good. BB calls, EP folds and I raise. Moment of truth now. SB 3 bets. Hmm. Still could be a T or a straight. EP calls again. I don't know what he has but it looks like an overpair. I cap it and they both call.

River (Td 9h 8s Th) Kc

SB checks and now BB comes to life and bets. Oh No!!. I just call. Now the idiot in teh SB raises and BB 3 bets.THere are $338 in the pot right now and it's 2 bets to me. Is there a 1 in 17 or 18 chance I'm good here?

I called and so did SB. SB had the horribly overplayed AT, and BB had KK of course.

stripsqueez
01-30-2004, 04:35 AM
wow

i call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

sam h
01-30-2004, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was 99.99% sure I was rivered and I still called 2 bets on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it was a 20,000 big bet pot, right? So you were breaking even.

Seriously, though, I don't think I could bring myself to make this fold. This is one of those situations where the general wackiness of Party makes it close. And if nothing less, calling will preclude the possibility of you tossing a 34BB winner and smashing your computer to bits, which is very -EV.

glen
01-30-2004, 08:17 AM
I would hate it as much as you did, but I would call anyways. . .

Kenshin
01-30-2004, 01:48 PM
I believe that you would win this hand with sufficient frequency to warrent the additional 2BB. Tough Beat but a good call.

serling
01-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Tough one, David. I wouldn't have put BB on KK, but I think I'd be dead from SB (not thinking quads, but 9-10 or K-10).

Still, I'd have to make the crying call as well.

-serling

Apocalypse
01-30-2004, 06:12 PM
KK should've folded on the turn imo when he was facing a double bet-call no? 22:2 pot odds (most likely 24:3 foreseeing a cap) against 22:1 drawing odds?? but he didn't so u gained.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

could anyone help taking implied odds into play wich could his call perhaps make correct? what would be the math?

davidross
01-31-2004, 05:05 PM
I think there were a couple of times he called 2 cold, but I'm not sure I could ever fold in his spot either.