PDA

View Full Version : TPTK: Bet the river?

taxat
01-30-2004, 03:28 AM
Pstars .50-1

Loose passive table is tightening up. BB is loose passive

MP3 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP2 (River King) calls, I call (raise to isolate or induce limping?), CO calls all-in, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

FLOP: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bets, MP2 calls, I raise, BB calls, MP2 calls

TURN: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to me and I bet, BB calls, MP2 folds (there's a first time for everything)

RIVER: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, I bet, BB calls

Anyone check the river?

ike
01-30-2004, 03:51 AM
a: is "raise to isolate" a meaningful thing to do behind a limper in micro, sure you can sometimes isolate a raiser but people call two cold without a second thought. seems more likely that you get isolated against whatever the limper has and someone who dominates you
b: are you that thrilled to isolate with A9?

thirddan
01-30-2004, 04:12 AM
I would check behind on river, i don't like that card as it puts 4 stragiht on board...Many players would check/raise this river so i would check behind...

surfdoc
01-30-2004, 04:32 AM
I agree that checking behind is the better play here on the river. You will usually only get called or raised when you are beaten. As far as the preflop play, some of the heavy hitters i.e. Majorkong have already chimed in on this issue. Check out the thread I started a while back titled "help me with these preflop decisions". I still can't figure out how to send the link directly so just search under my posts.

surfdoc
01-30-2004, 04:38 AM
here is the link I think. I am not as big a computer idiot as I thought.web page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=455812&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=6163&Match=Username&Searchpag e=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=455812&Search=true# Post455812)

Tosh
01-30-2004, 07:30 AM
You played the hand fine. Many weaker hands will pay you off so bet the river.

Nottom
01-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Easy bet. NH.

taxat
01-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Thank you all for the anaylsis.

Do to the impending all-in, I thought a raise might get me headsup against the "any two" player who I had position over.

In this particular situation, the caller had me with QQ, but I would continue to bet this river.

Nottom
01-30-2004, 01:39 PM
The BB had QQ ?!?

Oh well a bet saved is a bet earned.