PDA

View Full Version : Did I puss out on the turn?

11-14-2001, 05:42 PM
Followed by my secondary question...if I raise, can I get called by a worse hand on the river? Am I just beat the whole way? I'm trying to get my aggression back down to proper levels now that I am back in Vegas after my Cali roadie.

6-12 at the Mirage, loose for a day game, but not ridiculous.

2 MP limpers to me on the button, I raise (for value!) with KhKd, SB mucks, BB calls.

Flop: 10h 6h 4d

Checked to me, I bet, BB and MP2 call.

Turn: [10h 6h 4d] Jh

3 flush. Still not too scary and I have a redraw if behind. BB checks and MP2 (unknown player) bets(!). I usually would raise here without hesitation, but because I am trying to calm down after the Commerce adrenaline fest, I just call. BB mucks.

River: [10h 6h 4d Jh] Ks

OK, I'm tripped up. MP2 bets again (!) and I call, thinking that I can't be called by a worse hand if I raise, and that if I was too pussified to raise the turn, then how in the world can I raise when he bets again. I sure don't want to be 3bet this late in the hand.

Results to follow....

11-14-2001, 06:45 PM
I would figure MP2 was holding J/10 or a low flush draw -- maybe 98h or lower. The only hand that he could have that you'd be ahead of at the turn would be AJ, which he might have seen the turn with (if he had the A of hearts).

Either way, I'd probably just call the turn -- putting him on two-pair or a draw to the nuts flush. If he had the flush, most ppl like to check-raise with it on the turn. I'd raise the river. I think he'd probably call, since he might put you on AK.

-MK

11-15-2001, 02:30 AM
Your man sounds like a fish, he sounds like he has JTo, and it seems like you should've raised the river.

Not much to say b/c his play isn't really consistent with anything unless he does have the flush but I doubt it.

11-15-2001, 11:19 AM
The key consideration here is, will he call a raise with a worse hand. I think the answer is no, at least i wouldn't. you see the 3 flush just as well as he does so he can't expect you to raise with an AK that hit (so he'll no his 2 pair is no good, which is the only worse hand he could have). You'll only get called down by a flush or reraised by the nut flush. you can't win anymore money by raising, even if you may have a better hand. you have to call here.

Rob

11-15-2001, 12:44 PM
Loose game at the Mirage and you're not too scared when the flush hits? IMHO, my guess is he had Ax suited and announced it on the turn. Your catch on the river just ties the noose around your neck and you have to call it down. I think the set is second place.

11-15-2001, 01:40 PM
When I called him he didn't flip over his hand right away, so I went ahead and showed. Someone else at the table then asked to see his cards and Ah6s was exposed for middle pair on the flop with the nut flush draw on the turn. I took it down.

I think its interesting that most thought I was behind on the turn but NOT behind to a flush. Hmmmmmmmmm......