PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Bet This Hand - ABSOLUTELY CRAZY

Sarge85
01-30-2004, 02:08 AM
I really don't know what to say about this hand. It was probably the largest pot I collected at a .50/$1.00 table.

How can I possiblely think I am going to be good here?

I'll let the hand speak for itself.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Sarge85 has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is Button

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, CO limps, Sarge85 raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 3-bets, CO caps, Sarge85 calls, BB folds, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Flop(26 SB): J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, MP1 raises, CO calls, Sarge85 calls, UTG calls, EP1 folds, EP2 3-bets, MP1 caps, CO calls, Sarge85 calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls

Yes Yes - I know cap the flop cap the flop

Turn(36 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, EP2 bets, MP1 raises, CO calls, Sarge85 calls, UTG calls, EP2 3-bets, MP1 caps, CO calls, Sarge85 calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls

River(56 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG checks, EP2 checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Sarge85 calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls

UTG, lost $9 [ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
EP2 lost $9 [ 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
MP1 lost $9 [ 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
CO, lost $9 [ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Sarge85 balance $70.25, bet $9, collected $47.25, net +$38.25 [ K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

bernie
01-30-2004, 02:57 AM
did UTG and CO really think their hands had a shot at winning at showdown?

b

csuf_gambler
01-30-2004, 03:12 AM
wow simply amazing. 3 betting preflop with J7, caping with AQ offsuit. raising with top pair and 7 kicker. then betting again into the raiser. then an idiot calls down with QUEEN 9 NOTHING LOL. another idiot calling down with AQ nothing, lol. very comicial hand. this a typically party table huh

Nottom
01-30-2004, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG, lost $9 [ Q 9 ]
EP2 lost $9 [ 8 J ]
MP1 lost $9 [ 7 J ]
CO, lost $9 [ A Q ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And people wonder why we keep telling the to bet the river?

surfdoc
01-30-2004, 04:59 AM
So, who ever said being a calling station isn't profitable?

Sarge85
01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG, lost $9 [ Q 9 ]
EP2 lost $9 [ 8 J ]
MP1 lost $9 [ 7 J ]
CO, lost $9 [ A Q ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And people wonder why we keep telling the to bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

As they say - "The proof is in the pudding" (They still do say that right?)

Sarge85
01-30-2004, 11:44 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gifI didn't know what else to day /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pot was so damn big...and I had the overpair.... to be honest, I felt a like a cross between a fish and a river rat.

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right... why didn't you???

I think I'd raise the river here, though, given that you just busted anyone else's 2-pair (that didn't hold a 3).... nice pot!

Sarge85
01-30-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right... why didn't you???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, without digging up an old argument, I was going to use the techniques reccommended in THFAP, about waiting until the turn to raise in loose games. Clearly not an issue here.

Given the action, do you really adovcate raising the river? I strongly suspected that I was up against JJ or AA. The pot was so big, and I was showing top pair, that's why I stayed in, but I really felt like I was beat.

Victor
01-30-2004, 04:33 PM
At first it seems that you missed a lot of bets here. But, I guess with everyone else giving action you didnt need to. Still, I would cap the flop and go to war on the turn. If the turn is capped, I would proly slow down on the river.

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, without digging up an old argument, I was going to use the techniques reccommended in THFAP, about waiting until the turn to raise in loose games. Clearly not an issue here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think waiting to cap the turn would tend to be more for games WITHOUT everyone and their second cousins in on the flop... make the draws pay dearly, and make eveyone else defer to YOU when you think you have the best hand. In this situation, with the pot as big as it was, I'd do whatever I had to to take it down asap.... If they STILL don't respect a flop cap by you, then you have to slow down, but I think by calling, you set yourself up to lose mor often than not. No way you can fold this hand in this pot, but in other situations, you'll find decisions easier to make on later streets if you show ALOT of aggression PF and on the flop with hands that support that action.

If I were in the situation (how you described it), I'd prolly be a little nervous of AA, JJ, or a 3, also..... however, looking it over, MP1 limps PF, then limp-re-raises the flop, raises the turn, and bets the river. I don't think he's going to limp with JJ or AA PF at micro limits. And his play demonstrates 2-pair on the flop (or a high flush draw).... If he's playing PF with a 3 in his hand, he's an idiot(especially after limp-re-raising). CO limps, then caps here.... that's interesting, but he failed to raise anyplace on the flop and turn.... you should be able to tell that he has nothing (at best, an underpair). UTG check/calls everything, so there's no worry about him. EP2 limps PF, nets the flop, bets the turn, then checks the river.... He's nervous about something. With all this action on the earlier streets, and nothing but a bet by CO on the river, I think a raise here is safe.

As an edit - You weren't in position to cap the flop, but you were in position to 3-bet it, which I think you should have done here.