PDA

View Full Version : I flopped a flush (but I didn't shoot the deputy)

Nate tha' Great
01-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Looe table, relatively passive by 6-max standards.

Party Poker 5/10 (6 handed)
NateThaGreat has 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB

UTG limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB limps, NateThaGreat checks

Flop(5 SB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, NateThaGreat checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Button folds, SB calls, NateThaGreat raises, UTG calls, CO 3-bets, SB calls, NateThaGreat caps, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls

Turn(10 1/2 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, NateThaGreat raises, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls

River(18 1/2 BB): J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, NateThaGreat bets, UTG folds, CO calls, SB folds

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-30-2004, 02:10 AM
I like it. However, if the turn action were different (say SB had checked the turn, you bet and then were raised by the CO, or SB bet, you raised and CO 3-bet) then I would call and check/call the river.

I'm not convinced you won this one, considering that the CO 3-bet your flop checkraise and called two cold on the turn. I suppose two pair or a set is possible as well, and there's no way I will ever fold this hand, but a higher (non-nut) flush is possible. I would guess that 44, 22, and the Q-high flush are each about equally likely.

Bob T.
01-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Hey Nate, I like betting out on these flops, instead of trying for the checkraise. I hate when this hand gets checked through, and all of a sudden the ten or jack of trump starts feeling frisky.

Whoever won this hand, got full value for their flush though, that is certain.