PDA

View Full Version : KK in the CO

Styles
01-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is CO

EP2 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB 3-bets, EP2 caps, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(16 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB bets, EP2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB folds, BB calls

Turn(13 BB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

River(15 BB): 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Results in white: <font color="white"> BigBlind has [ Ac Ad ] [ two pairs, aces and threes -- Ac,Ad,Th,3c,3s ]
</font>

FWIW $33 pot + $1 rake

Griffin
01-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Your play looks fine to me. I have a tendency to put people who cap preflop on AA, KK, or QQ, but that's just part of my tendency to see monsters in general.

I think the flop cap is fine, but had he check-raised your turn bet then I'd say it's time to slow down. The fact that he didn't raise you on the turn or river saved you some bets, so I wouldn't feel bad about losing this one.

ike
01-30-2004, 03:29 AM
rough beat, he had aces against your kings, nothing you could do

Styles
01-30-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your play looks fine to me. I have a tendency to put people who cap preflop on AA, KK, or QQ, but that's just part of my tendency to see monsters in general.

I think the flop cap is fine, but had he check-raised your turn bet then I'd say it's time to slow down. The fact that he didn't raise you on the turn or river saved you some bets, so I wouldn't feel bad about losing this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had the same tendency. I guess I'm cured, at least for now. I just couldn't put him on AA out of the BigBlind and the way he backed off.

After the hand he said "really?" I'm thinking he was close to a fold here if a nice scare card had come /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Styles
01-30-2004, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rough beat, he had aces against your kings, nothing you could do

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Cap it pre-flop...... other than that, everything's fine.

Styles
01-30-2004, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap it pre-flop...... other than that, everything's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was capped pre-flop

Trix
01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Nothing you could do. Well played, he didnt give you a chance to back off...

Victor
01-30-2004, 04:37 PM
straightforward hand. You played it perfectly although it would be hard to screw this one up. Did well not to get tricky. Feel good that BB made it cheap for you, but you did not for him.

EVIL
01-30-2004, 05:00 PM
I think you basically played that fine since many players will probably play QQ and maybe JJ the same way preflop and on the flop.

If he would play QQ the same way then he is just as likely to have QQ as AA, and so you are basically breaking even on your bets and raises PF and OTF. However if he would've also played JJ the same way then you are clearly +EV.

I think you can rule out TT and 99 because he probably would've just called in the BB hoping to see the flop for only one small bet.

After the flop, he lost money in opportunity costs because he should've been raising rather than calling.

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Oops... missed the EP2 cap there.... OK... everything looks OK, then... sorry about that.