PDA

View Full Version : AKo in BB

ike
01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
UB .5/1 10 handed

4 players limp (actually one posted and checked), sb completes, and i have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB. I raise. Is there any argument for checking here and checkraising a good flop?
Flop: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, button bets, sb calls, I call with my overs and runner runner draws. Is this a mistake? All other fold.
Turn is 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, this is about as good as I could ask for. I check and its checked through, I'm not sure if I would have called or raised had it been bet. Any opinions on this? Is raising deranged? Should I have bet out?
River is a rag heart, I bet out with my nut flush (ok, ok, there are some straight flushes possible, but I'm not real concerned). Both fold.

Gomez22
01-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Just the way I play, but I bet the flop here.... even though there are 4 callers to act behind you, and you're most likely behind, you may get better hands to fold, and you don't wnat to give weaker draws a free card.

When the turn comes, I think you should bet here, also. You picked up the nut-flush draw, and NOW you have a realistic chance to knock out some hands that would have called the flop before.

If you had been a little more aggressive in this hand, you may have won some more bets. Being the way you played the hand, you left alot of money on the felt.

Looks to me like button bet either an ace or middle/bottom pair here.