PDA

View Full Version : Hand I need help with

CardCuda
01-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Paradise 1-2 pretty loose game 50% to the flop.

MP1 is a good player (not weak, but not too aggressive)
MP3 is an any2willdo'r
CO is passive

Hero has T /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB

Folded to MP1 who raises, MP3 calls, CO calls, folded to Hero, I call.

4 to the flop -

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="blue">okay I have many outs, OESFD, OESD, Flush etc. </font>

Hero bets, MP1 Raises, MP3 Calls, CO folds, Hero Calls.

Turn - 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="blue">Well, counterfeited my straight draw but gave me 2 more outs, hmm </font>

Hero bets, MP1 raises, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River - K /images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="red">Well that sucked </font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hero Checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Hero Folds.

MP1 = A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP3 = Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

This happens quite a bit to me, as I play many medium suited connecters in this type of game, from LP thru the BB for 2 bets. Is this a leak, am I chasing, or playing correctly.

1st question - should I be leading out the flop and the turn in the above hand considering my position or should I be check calling this? (which I hate doing).

2nd question - Raise the flop here with that many outs? Tune up the aggression a bit?

Thoughts and critiques much appreciated.

Gomez22
01-29-2004, 07:02 PM
At a loose/passive table, I think it's fine to play ANY sooted connector (above 34s or 45s) from ANY position. Now that I've got that out of the way, I'd make the same call here PF. The thing I would do differently is NOT bet the flop, just check to the raiser here, and call. Why?

You said he was a good player. You should know that there's a good chance he's going to raise your bet, and since he's immediately to your left, that will make the rest call 2 cold to continue. With the many outs you have, I would want everyone in the pot here until the turn, and the easiest way to do that is to make them call only 1 bet on the flop.

I would have check/called the flop and turn (considering you didn't improve much on the turn), and of course, fold the river....

Trix
01-29-2004, 07:13 PM
I would have 3bet the flop and if a blank had fell at the turn I would have jammed that too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

spamuell
01-29-2004, 07:24 PM
I think it's fine to play ANY sooted connector (above 34s or 45s)

Playing 54s in LP after a few limpers is definitely profitable. This came up in the mid-high stakes forum a couple of days ago, and you're going to get paid off much more at micro-limits.

You should know that there's a good chance he's going to raise your bet, and since he's immediately to your left, that will make the rest call 2 cold to continue.

Check-raise! This is the perfect opportunity. Bettor to your left, lots of callers trapped, you being a favourite to make a straight or better. Even if he 3-bets your c/r, they put in one bet, most opponents will usually call 2 cold after that. This seems like a text book check raise opportunity to me.

Lost Wages
01-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Definite 3-bet for value on the flop as you are getting 2 callers and are better than even money (.85:1) to make a straight-flush, flush or straight by the river.

Same goes for the turn although it's a little closer. You have 17 outs (not counting T's as an out because it puts a four straight on the board) which makes you 1.7:1 against and again you have two callers.

Lost Wages