PDA

View Full Version : Playing my set--too fast?

Zetack
01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
.25/.50 game.

I'm under the gun with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero limps, Ep2 limps, Mp1 limps, Mp3 limps, SB calls, BB checks.

Ok, Ok this may have been a bit of a loose call, out of position with a smallish pair. In my defense, it'd been a pretty passive table and Lee Jones says its alright...

6 to the flop for 6 sb's.

flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB calls, Hero raises, Ep2 folds, Mp1 calls, Mp3 folds--SB 3 bets, BB folds, Hero caps, Mp1 folds, Sb calls.

Ok this is the questionable part. I probably could've extracted more BB's later if I'd called either the first bet or the three bet. But with five other players and a flush draw and maybe a straight draw on the board I wanted to charge people to draw out on me.

2 to the turn for 8.5 BB. Turn: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Sb checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

10.5 BB to the river. River: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif [10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] [7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Sb checks, Hero bets, Sb calls.

SB has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and I take it down.

What do you think?

--Zetack

ScottTheFish
01-29-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, Ok this may have been a bit of a loose call, out of position with a smallish pair. In my defense, it'd been a pretty passive table and Lee Jones says its alright...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would limp with 77 UTG on 99% of the tables I play on (loose passive). Loose players will just pay you soooo much when your set hits, implied odds are thru the roof.

Lee Jones also says LL players lose a lot of money by not playing sets fast enough. I agree with him, I'll never slow play a set against more than one person. If it's HU, sure. I might just call a flop bet so I can pop him on the turn.

But no way I'm letting 3 or 4 people see a cheap turn card on that board. If it was totally uncoordinated rainbow, maybe string them along. MAYBE.

So I play it fast. I don't really care if they fold or call. Folding makes me win more often, calling makes the pots I win that much bigger, even tho the suckouts do indeed suck /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gomez22
01-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Standard and well played. I think the limp's fine at this type of table, also. You HAVE to cap this flop to somewhat protect your hand and make any draws pay. Your thinking was correct here and I agree completely. Nice hand.

Trix
01-29-2004, 07:26 PM
well played