PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars - worst ring games

PokerPaul
01-29-2004, 06:06 PM
maybe its just me, but i routinely get my ass kicked at pokerstars.....but beat just about every other online site i play at.

I have not played at stars in over a year, so i thought i'd give it another try........i found their sofrware has not gotten better in the time, it seems more choppy.

As for the game, lets just say i went through $350 at 5-10 so fast, i didnt even last an hour. Suckout after suckout, seemingly clueless calling stations with no hope catching 2 outer time aftger time....

Sorry stars, but looks like i'll avoid your place for another year.

Too bad, tourneys are good, but seems other sites have caught up in that regard.....

CrackerZack
01-29-2004, 06:09 PM
I'd leave a site where people are chasing 2 outers. Promise. Btw, try the 1-2 or 2-4 there. They're rock tight. You REALLY don't have to worry about people chasing their 2 outers, they don't chase 15 outers and often fold when they're ahead.

PokerPaul
01-29-2004, 06:19 PM
i only play 5/10 shorthanded or higher.....

the software just also seemed more cumbersome.

i used to play there exclusively for a while, at about a breakeven pace, but then the losses atarted mounting.

Surprsngly, somehow many of those "suckouts" happened at my expense to skandinavians. Just an observation....

thomastem
01-29-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd leave a site where people are chasing 2 outers. Promise. Btw, try the 1-2 or 2-4 there. They're rock tight. You REALLY don't have to worry about people chasing their 2 outers, they don't chase 15 outers and often fold when they're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cracker I like you style. The serious reply you got to this makes it that much better. Hat's off to ya.

fluff
01-29-2004, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the game, lets just say i went through $350 at 5-10 so fast, i didnt even last an hour. Suckout after suckout, seemingly clueless calling stations with no hope catching 2 outer time aftger time....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...pattern mapping has arrived at Pokerstars too apparently.

TimTimSalabim
01-29-2004, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seemingly clueless calling stations with no hope catching 2 outer time aftger time....

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine a more profitable game, long-term. Why would you want to leave such a game? Seriously.

Kenshin
01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
I have played with relative frequency at pokerstars in the 5-10 game. My read of the play there differs almost diameterically from yours. Many hands become heads-up before the flop and showdowns occur less frequently than at other sites.
Stats from my last 800 hands in the 5-10 pokerstars game:
Hands: 800, Hands with Flops: 700, players: 9, percentage per flop: 28!!

Oh well,
Kenshin
I enjoy dentists, taxes and bluffing into calling stations.

Inthacup
01-29-2004, 09:55 PM
pokerstars - worst ring games

Suckout after suckout, seemingly clueless calling stations with no hope catching 2 outer time aftger time....

Surely these two phrases are not in the same post. I suppose your reasoning in the above quote is the reason for this:

i routinely get my ass kicked

If you can't beat these games, I sincerely doubt that this is true:

but beat just about every other online site i play at.

Maybe you should heed CrackerZack's advice. He knows a thing 'er two about a thing 'er two.

Cup

PokerPaul
01-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Tim, thats what you would think. Thats normally what i do...but at stars it kept happening for weeks...long run never seemed to work out. Then i give it another try and Boom...350 in less than an hour.

like i say, maybe its just me, but that site is a bad omen for my end...

Kenshin
01-29-2004, 10:09 PM
35 big bets constitutes a proverbial drop in the ocean. Random variance more than accounts for a loss this size in one hour at 5-10. If you find that this loss bothers you, I recommend that you either increase your bankroll or lower your limit.

Army Eye
01-30-2004, 01:18 AM
No, other sites haven't caught up to PokerStars in the tourney department.

Playing 5/10 with only $350? WTF? And Pokerstars has some of the tightest, relatively solid ring games. I thought THAT's what you meant by worst ring games..as in the worst profit. oh well, this is probably a joke post