PDA

View Full Version : Amazingly weak player.

11-12-2001, 04:09 PM
This weekend at a 3-6 game I had a hand that amused me.

It's a pretty good game, there are 2 folks who call every hand and a few others that are fairly loose. The rest of the table is made up of myself and 3 other tight players. The other tight folks are not hitting their cards at all tonight. Two are handling it well, but one is getting a bit upset. He is usually a decent player, sometimes not as aggressive as he should be. He also gets weaker if he's losing, which was the case that night. We'll call him (WT).

The hand:

I'm in the big blind with A9s. UTG folds, WT raises. He'll raise here with AA-JJ, AK, AQ, maybe a few others. He gets 3 callers and it's up to me. I decide to call the one bet and see the flop.

The flop comes up 9 high with 1 of my suit. I've got top pair, top kicker and a backdoor flush draw. I bet out. WT looks over at me, thinks for a minute, then says something like: "Hmm, I know what he'd probably call me with, his pair is bigger than mine." And then he tosses his hand in the muck. I get two callers and one fold.

Turn and the river didn't improve my hand, but I led the betting each round. I flipped over my A9 and took down the pot. Callers had pocket 88 and KQo.

WT looks over at my hand in shock. He says, "I threw away pocket jacks!"

I was amazed at both how weak he played that hand and how much respect he was giving me. The whole table laughed (the table was pretty light hearted most of the night) and WT got a pushed a bit further on the tilt-o-meter.

11-12-2001, 04:19 PM
Yeah that's pretty bad, if he is willing to muck jacks with a 9 high flop, well thats just plain weak.

11-12-2001, 05:28 PM
Runnin' bad = playing weak with this guy. watch for times he is losing, then make more "plays" at him. He should have raised your ass so fast! Would he have thrown away kings, assuming you had aces? Bet!!