PDA

View Full Version : Cali Roadtrip 6-12 hand #3

11-12-2001, 01:17 PM
I limp in MP2 after UTG and MP1 with QhJh. Cutoff and Button call, the blinds come along.

Flop [3c 9c 10d]

Checked to me and I bet. Button, a very aggressive player who will make a move heads up, but always has some form of "the goods" when raising postflop multiway, calls. MP1, a very scared passive player calls. He is capable of having a very good hand and being afraid to bet it. 3 of us see the turn.

Turn [3c 9c 10d] Kc

MP1 checks, I bet, Button raises, MP1 quickly calls the 2 cold. I think for a minute and muck.

Thoughts?

11-12-2001, 01:38 PM
Impressive fold if you know your opponents well. Seems to me like the button has AK and MP1 has got that flush. Making the fold when MP1 doesn't raise is a tough play, but given your read on him as a scared player I'd be scared of him too.

11-14-2001, 02:45 PM
The river ragged off. Scared player checked, the button checked and showed QcJd for the nut straight and took it down. Scared player didn't show but I think we can safely assume he had the Ac.

Great raise by the button to get me out of the pot with the same hand and the Qc for the freeroll. I'm still not sure if my laydown was good, but he certainly made a great raise. It was the coldcall of MP1 that was the "deciding vote" that made me lay down my hand which would have been good for half the pot.