PDA

View Full Version : Is $3-$6 the best online limit?

RydenStoompala
01-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Got into an interesting discussion at a B&M cardroom in Halifax last week. The dealer at our game is an avid on-line player. Several of us also had quite a bit of experience but the dealer posed an interesting theory.

He said (I did not see the Netteller records) that he has taken $18 thousand out of his Party Poker account in less than a year and that he has discovered the absolute best ganme to play. With a choice of 1-2, 2-4, 3-6, 5-10 and larger limits, he believes the best opportunities lie at 3-6. The reasons are: 1) people moving up in limits play a little timid with the more volatile bankroll and 2) people who get smoked in the 5-10 and larger come down to 3-6 to lick their wounds and are susceptible to aggressive play. This is his theory, not mine, but I found it interesting.

My zone for the best long-term profit has also been 3-6(anywhere) and the mini-blind 4-8 game at Ultimate. I prefer B&M cardrooms to online but I have made money grinding it out at these levels. Not the huge score our friendly dealer was talking about, but OK.

Comments welcome.

Losing all
01-29-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't know about his reasons. I think it's more a case of bad players playing badly.

eugeneel
01-29-2004, 12:56 PM
If you are very good, you should be playing higher. A world class player for example would obviously make more playing 100-200 than 3-6 online, while an excellent player will make much much more playing 25-50 (especially if he or she is very selective)

I think 3-6 and 5-10 are great limits for players who play "by the book", grind it out, and/or play many tables at once.

-Eugene

eMarkM
01-29-2004, 01:04 PM
That seems pretty accurate for the LL player. 3/6 is high enough to make some decent coin with players playing pretty much as poorly as .5/1. 5/10 seems to be the limit where the good LL grinders start to settle and you generally have to play a better game to get a good earn there. That's been my experience.

Redhot_man
01-29-2004, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got into an interesting discussion at a B&M cardroom in Halifax last week. The dealer at our game is an avid on-line player. Several of us also had quite a bit of experience but the dealer posed an interesting theory.

He said (I did not see the Netteller records) that he has taken $18 thousand out of his Party Poker account in less than a year and that he has discovered the absolute best ganme to play. With a choice of 1-2, 2-4, 3-6, 5-10 and larger limits, he believes the best opportunities lie at 3-6. The reasons are: 1) people moving up in limits play a little timid with the more volatile bankroll and 2) people who get smoked in the 5-10 and larger come down to 3-6 to lick their wounds and are susceptible to aggressive play. This is his theory, not mine, but I found it interesting.

My zone for the best long-term profit has also been 3-6(anywhere) and the mini-blind 4-8 game at Ultimate. I prefer B&M cardrooms to online but I have made money grinding it out at these levels. Not the huge score our friendly dealer was talking about, but OK.

Comments welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would start at 3/6 and work your way up, if u play at party all the games are soft so to speak

daryn
01-29-2004, 02:20 PM
i doubt a good 3-6 player is making more than a good 15-30 player.. in other words i agree with eugene