PDA

View Full Version : Another shining example of the #1 site in Customer Service

Vehn
01-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Tuesday night I sent a mildly nasty email to Party in regards to the "buttons disappearing" problem I've been having. I included the flopped set hand I posted earlier here and threatened to withdraw my account (high 4 figures) and play elsewhere if my problem wasn't addressed and taken care of.

Wednesday night I resent the same email as I didn't get any response in 24 hours and got somewhat more nasty.

Thursday morning I receive this:

> Dear Player,
>
> Thank you for contacting PartyPoker.com!
>
> Due to technical difficulties in the past couple of days, we were unable
> to receive your mails. If you have contacted us via phone or chat and
> your concern has been addressed please ignore this mail. Else, please
> feel free to contact us via mail, phone or live chat.
>
> For immediate help, please call our toll free number + 1 (888) 206-4659
> or click on our live help feature located in the PartyPoker.com lobby.
>
> You can also browse our Frequently Asked Questions, located at
> http://www.partypoker.com/help/faq.html
>
> Thank you for choosing PartyPoker.com!!
>
> The Customer Care Department

WTF

This doesn't even make sense.

Lori
01-29-2004, 11:13 AM
This is funny stuff, even by their standards.

Lori

PuppetMaster
01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Me: Hi, when will the sit n go tournaments be running again?
Floor Person: Im sorry, what is a tournament?

Cyndie
01-29-2004, 12:05 PM

Insp. Clue!So?
01-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Post of the Year so far...

itsmarty
01-29-2004, 01:38 PM
I got the same email, but I actually felt better after receiving it. I was happier to hear that they didn't receive my email than to think I was being ignored (as appeared to be the case previously).

You might wonder how they knew someone had emailed them in the first place, so here's a sanitized excerpt from a mail server log:

2004-01-29_11-47.log:12:29:09.11 2 QUEUE([770811]) from &lt;mike@indonet.id&gt;, 31933 bytes (&lt;HS9AOS00.R3D@usilws08a.com&gt;)
2004-01-29_11-47.log:12:29:09.46 2 QUEUE([770812]) from &lt;linda@ebhg.com&gt;, 32155 bytes (&lt;HS9APA00.V3I@usilws08a.com </pre><hr />

Should I lose the actual mail, all I know is who sent me mail and at what time. It's possible this happened at Party, and they're trying to make it right by contacting everyone who tried to reach them.

Martin

Vehn
01-31-2004, 11:12 PM
My dear Ramya,

I can 100% guarantee you this is NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING. 1st off, the
buttons simply never appear, NOT dissappear before something goes through.
2nd off, if what you're saying is the case, how is it possible for me to
type in 3 lines into the chat box but unable to check/bet/raise in the hand
I attached, having FLOPPED A FREAKING SET IN A 15/30 GAME? Also, your
expert elite software should be saying something other than "Your connection
is very good" if what you are saying is the actual case. WHICH IT IS NOT.
This continues to happen including today and I am simply fed up with it.
FIX IT.