PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with a Re buy maniac?

kingstalker
01-29-2004, 02:39 AM
UB 3+0
blinds 10/20 I have 2000 in chips
There was this one guy at the table who took a few bad beats ands types in the chat box"The price of Poker is about to go up" and then proceeds to go all in every hand 4 hands in a row, rebuying each time after he loses his stack, finally on the fifth hand after his remark I get dealt 4-4, I call his all in, he has K-7 and gets no help and rebuys again, My question is was my call correct or should I avoided this probable coin flip? Would a call with a hand like A-10 or two Facecards be correct here as well?

creedofhubris
01-29-2004, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't make a habit of calling an all-in with 44. What if he has the crappy but devastating 55? Against a random hand, you're a slight favorite, but if he has a bigger pair, you're a huge dog.

You also need to watch out for other players getting involved. The instant someone else jumps in, your 44 becomes garbage.

If I knew that he was betting random hands, and if I were sure no one else would get involved, I would certainly call with any ace and any pair 8s or better. If I were feeling risky, any two face cards, any pair 6s or better. That's my best guess, backed up by no statistics whatsoever!

kingstalker
01-29-2004, 04:03 AM
meant to post this in the tournament forum!

crockpot
01-29-2004, 05:40 AM
in a rebuy tournament i think this call is reasonable if your opponent is really going to go all-in with any hand here. if he has a 4, 3, or 2 in his hand, you are a solid favorite, and you are only an underdog 5% of the time. however, it's close, and i would fold a pair of twos in the same spot. AT is also a clear call against a random hand assuming you can still rebuy.

if you were no longer able to rebuy, or if you were not sure whether other players would join the pot, this call becomes incorrect in a tournament because you are putting a lot of chips at risk with what is probably a small edge. this also goes for the AT. but in a rebuy tournament when it is a heads-up pot, it's probably correct by a slight margin.