PDA

View Full Version : Cali Roadtrip 6-12 hand #1 (long)

11-09-2001, 04:36 PM
Just got back from a wonderful 4 day roadtrip from Vegas to LA where a friend and I played and stayed at Commerce. Needless to say, game conditions are markedly different from those in Vegas. While the game are obviously looser and more aggressive, the primary difference between Vegas and LA was the staff at Commerce. They were more courteous and professional than any in Vegas. We were made to feel first rate the whole time. By the end of day one every manager and floorperson in the area knew our names and welcomed us each subsequent day.

Hand #1 - My favorite hand of the trip *grins*.

6-12, the game is very loose with one tight white guy (TWG) at the table. UTG calls, I call UTG+1 with Ah8h. I debated raising but called. In these games a medium sized suited ace is a very strong hand. All call to TWG on the button who raises, all call, pot builder in the cuttoff 3bets, TWG caps, all call.

Family pot, 9 see the flop for 4 bets each.

Flop: 9-6-2 rainbow, none of my suit.

Checked to me, I check. At this table, people will bet with any piece of the board. This is not a "check to the raiser" field. Everyone after me checks (!) and TWG checks on the button. His chances of having AKs are now roughly 100%. Everyone sees the turn for free and all those chips are still sitting in the middle of the table.

Turn: [9-6-2] 2. Complete rainbow.

I like this card. If I am correct, no one still has anything. Thankfully it gets checked to me, confirming in my mind that I might be trailing only the TWG with his better ace. I bet to pressure him to drop, as well as to thin the field and reduce the number of collective outs the field has against me. The pot is big and I want it.

3 callers to the button who disgustedly whips his cards in the muck (hooray!), SB calls. I dropped 4 players. 5 see the river with 23 BB in the pot.

River: [9-6-2-2] Q. Checked to me, I check, all check. I flip over my ace high and take it down. TWG is furious, as well as 2 other folders who claim they mucked a queen.

Thoughts welcome.

11-09-2001, 06:10 PM
Nice Hand!

Excellent bet into TWG (and everyone else!) on the turn.