PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Sit & Gone

CrisBrown
01-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi All,

Wow ... I really gotta get a brain implant before I play in any more of these 2+2ers. Second hand, I call all-in with 2nd pair and middle flush draw against an obvious K-high made flush. Dumb-da-dumb-dumb....

The good news ... I signed up for a $55 two-table SNG after that, and won it. Of course, I didn't play as stupidly in that one ... probably because I think I try to show off in the 2+2 events. I dunno. Anyway ... it was fun while it lasted, and I enjoyed watching the rest of you.

Cris

William
01-29-2004, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway ... it was fun while it lasted

[/ QUOTE ]

All 30 seconds were that good huh? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(sorry, I just couldn't resist) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jpg777
01-29-2004, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The good news ... I signed up for a $55 two-table SNG after that, and won it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I could help. Your chips went to decent use, but I think I played way too tight, only saw 6% of the flops.

CrisBrown
01-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi William,

I tried to think of it like a night with my ex ... 30 seconds was close to a record.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cris

DougBrennan
01-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Hi Cris,

I impressed the bejeesus out of myself by folding a set of 4's to JPG's flush in hand #2, but then made up for it about 20 hands later. I had AJ UTG, bet it, he called, the flop missed me, I bet pot, he put me all-in, and the Sherlock Holmes in me deduced that THIS time he's bluffing, so I called. He was bluffing all right, all he had was a measly set of 8's!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So if I can get in line for that brain transplant...

William
01-29-2004, 01:43 AM
tried to think of it like a night with my ex ... 30 seconds was close to a record....

30 seconds is plenty /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You chicks are sooo demanding /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CrisBrown
01-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Hi Doug,

I won't speak for you, but I know I just need to settle down and play my game in the 2+2 events. My thinking with the hand I busted on was that he might well have limped on a small suited connector, so if another diamond fell, my 9-high might be the best flush. And I had the paired 10s, so it was (remotely) possible that I could back into a boat.

In retrospect, it was just stubborness. But it's amazing how stubborness can make you rationalize an obviously bad mistake.

Cris

heyrocker
01-29-2004, 02:02 AM
OH NO! I forgot this was Wednesday this week instead of Thursday! I am upset.

Bluff1
01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Jp was on his game last night, he called my bluff in a hand that I fired 3 shots at hehe.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-29-2004, 12:16 PM
I really gotta get a brain implant

You better get in line. After promising myself I'd play tighter than usual longer than usual (after my rash of LAP posts) I ignored my advice.

The defining hand that crippled me and ultimately sealed my fate was when I open raised to 350 (50/100 blinds) with AJo from MP and NotMitch reraised me all-in (him, not me). It was 476 to call which would leave me with 505 if I lost. I don't know what posessed me to call off almost half of the rest of my stack with AJo, but I did, only to lose to AQ.

I finally went out about 5 hands later when I pushed in with KQo and got called by Husker's AA.

Unlike you, I just went to bed. Needed my rest for KotZ PLO/8 tonight.

ohkanada
01-29-2004, 01:52 PM
With the pot size being 1326 (depending if he was in the blinds), I would think it would be a tough fold even with AJ. Being he has a short stack there are a lot of pair hands you have beat and even weaker Aces.

The bigger problem for me is that with only 1350 or so I am not sure if you want to be open raising to 350 unless you are somewhat committed to the hand. I would make it 300 or just plain muck.

Ken Poklitar

NotMitch
01-29-2004, 02:08 PM
IIRC, I was on the button. I wasn't really happy when he called, but with the stack sizes I knew once somebody raised I wasn't going to be able to push them out of a pot, and I had to take a stand a some point. I got very lucky to make a move in the right spot this time. I was not as lucky when I made a stand with AQ at the final table against KK.