PDA

View Full Version : Are eights enough?

Nate tha' Great
01-28-2004, 09:55 PM
My opponent is an any two cards kind of guy who gets himself involved in way too many hands. He's capable of bluffing, but I wouldn't call him tricky.

Party Poker 5/10 (6 handed)
NateThaGreat has 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is CO

UTG limps, NateThaGreat raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop(6 2/5 SB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, NateThaGreat bets, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn(4 1/5 BB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets...

Your move, sir.

Call/fold/raise?

Gildersneeze
01-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Kind of a tough one there. Since he's an "any two," he'd have put me to two possible decisions: Raise or Fold. I'd say my move would be to raise to see what he's doing. He check-called the flop, so I'm putting him on a draw, and the likely culprit would be a double gutshot (with 3-5) given his turn bet.

If he plays back at you, I'd guess, since you say he's not tricky, you're looking at two pair or a straight, MAYBE a set of twos. If you put him on two pair or a set of twos, it's up to you if you want to try and hit that eight for his re-raise.

I'd probably raise for info, and toss 'em to a re-raise. Costs you a big bet, sure, but as you said, he's an "any two will do" kind of guy. Not too much information there, so get it the way you're supposed to, by raising.