PDA

View Full Version : Troublesome Turn with KK

11-08-2001, 10:00 PM
Paradise 3-6, good game.

Good Solid Player (GSP) Raises UTG, and I 3 Bet from seat 7. (2 between me and the button) Button and Small Blind Cold Call, UTG Calls.

Flop is JTh4h, and the small blind, a Loose Aggressive Fish (LAF), bets out. GSP Raises, I reraise, button drops, and LAF & GSP both call.

Turn is a 9, LAF bets out again, and GSP calls, now what?

I have GSP beat. he wouldn't raise KQh or AJh on the flop, he'd want to keep me in, he would have capped JJ or TT on the draw heavy board, and and I'm pretty sure he would have capped preflop with AA with 4 other players. That leaves KK (1) and QQ (6). It's LAF who has me tied up. Against a decent player I'd raise here, comfortably folding to a reraise, but LAF would repop two pair, or even a J that looked especially pretty. So normally here I'd just call him down, but it seems especially impotant to punish a heart draw and GSP's probable QQ open ender. Ack! help?

I decided I really didn't want to fold to a reraise, or lose more than three BB's to a made straight, so I called. River blanked, LAF bet, call call.

comments appreciated.

zooey

P.S. check out the new software in the test forum!

11-08-2001, 10:02 PM
LAF had QJ, for top pair with open ender on the turn, and GSP had QQ. (And yes, I put him on QQ _before_ I saw his hand. /images/wink.gif )

zooey

11-09-2001, 02:13 AM
Clearly you can't raise and fold to a reraise since you have outs to a staright which would probably be good. It's tough to come out with the best hand here when the soid player calls but i think there are still enough combinations of hands you can beat to make your call on the end correct.