PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Fold in SB in Ls/Ps LL

11-08-2001, 05:17 PM
Hello & Howdy Everyone,

Amazing how certain hands will just eat at ya! I was playing in a super soft, super loose and pretty passive $1/$2 private game and had a hand that I would like to see some comment on. The game is normally 10 handed but we are only 6 handed when this happened.

Me SB with table image for only good cards/strong play, UTG old lady raises (she will rz w/ AA-22,Axs preflop and good draws on the flop), everyone calls 2 cold to me (this is normal for this game and they could have AA to 72s and important to note most wouldn't rerz with the top hands..."gotta see a flop 1st"). I look down at 86o and think the following:

1)I am out of position and the BB is someone who might rerz preflop with good hand.

2)I need help on the flop, I may chop the pot since the others will play any 2 even for a raise.

3)If I only get a draw on the flop I know I will have to pay 1 to 2 bets on the flop since if the BB has anything he will bet to test the UTG and UTG will bet or rz no matter what to try drive others out.

4)Lastly and most important to me at the time is that this is a soft game that I beat regularly and well and I really don't mind waiting for better position/cards/opportunities.

The real cause for concern for me is that I think I was being paid enough with a decent enough hand to see the flop at least and the while I am doing good in this weekly private game I never believe doing well enough /images/smile.gif

All comments welcome,

Lance

11-08-2001, 06:27 PM
In a 6-handed game, I'd fold as well.

In a 10-handed game, I just might pay 1 1/2 bets if (1) it was a family pot and (2) I was reasonably confident the BB wasn't going to 3-bet. However, even then I'd have to get a really good flop to continue (like 5d,7c,2s).

If you're always folding 86o, then you're making the right decision with this hand. It would have to be a very special situation to play it.