PDA

View Full Version : bottom two with action

casper
01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Party 100 NLHE 1/2 blinds. I've been on the table about half an hour. The relevant players are a big stack 500+ who has been making small open raises in most of the hands he plays, usually 6-10 bucks. One very loose aggressive player with about 50 in front of him and me with about 150. Big stack open raises from mp for 6, LAG calls, I call with 65 SOOTED. The flop comes 865 with two hearts on board. Big stack bets ten, LAG goes all in for 40 and change. Whats your move here? I've seen LAG push in on draws, so hearts or even a dry seven are possible. Whats your play?

crockpot
01-28-2004, 06:38 PM
my play is to fold preflop.

limon
01-28-2004, 07:08 PM
...was once asked how to play bottom 2 pair to which he replied, " i dunno, i dont play bottom 2 pair".

Scott_Baio
01-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Peronally, I like to treat bottom two just like I would top pair, top kicker. It's a good betting hand, sometimes I good raising or check/raising hand... but if you get raised or are facing a raise you should be able to get out w/o feeling too bad about it.

However, if you are calling raises pre with 5/6 SOOTED, you are probably an agresive player looking for flops like this, and you like gambling big pots when you have a slightly positive EQ... against a wild player like that, raising all-in over the top to force out the tight player acting behind you (with anything less than the nuts) could also be a decent play.

bunky9590
01-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I hate bottom two pair. Didn't realize Johnny said that but I see why.

So easy to get counterfeited and get broke.
I'm pretty sure I've lost with it more than I've won.

Guy in a tourney played bottom 2 very passively against me and vs. my top pair/flush draw, I got the flush, he paid like a slot machine.

casper
01-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the quote limon it makes alot of sense. I never would have been involved in the hand, but the big stack was raising constantly and calling alot of bets, and the LAG was giving his money away. Anyway LAG called the inital raiser with 97o for the flopped nut straight. No magical four outer for me, but I still think this hand is profitable against these players and the range of hands they will pay off.