PDA

View Full Version : BIG problem with SS vs ZOO vs TOONS

Al_Capone_Junior
01-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Did anyone notice that on true it says "max players = 100" for this tourney ?? I am quite sure we have more than that interested. I just registered, but not everyone may be able to.

Also, I hope the blinds really don't escalate as fast as i think they do after I clicked on "properties" for the tourney. CRAP SHOOT CITY.

al

DougBrennan
01-28-2004, 05:45 PM
I noticed that too, and also registered early. I'll PM Mike, but I bet he's got it covered, one way or the other.

Crap shoot or not, we should still kick some Zoo/SS booty.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-28-2004, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we should still kick some Zoo/SS booty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the classic jim carey special where he does the hip thrusting motions...

HOOF! HOOF! HOOF!

al

jwp
01-28-2004, 06:17 PM
The blinds for this tournament are slower (by 50%, I think without looking at it) than their typical SNG. I tried an SNG the other night and it was a horrid crap shoot, far worse than PartyPoker.

jwp

wudedude
01-28-2004, 07:13 PM
i noticed theres only 1/3rd signed up so far, everyone waiting for somthing? early sign up bonus of 2 bucks woo hoo! either way us toons will womp some azzz!

thomastem
01-28-2004, 07:44 PM
If needed True has in the past expanded the max# of players.

Mike Haven
01-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks for pointing it out, but, as thom says, True has increased the parameters as required, in the past.

I cannot imagine them turning down players.

However, I have e-mailed Mr True-man to make sure that no problems occur.

Similarly, as a couple of people have been concerned that transfers of money between players seem to be a no-no, I have asked him to allow these, in respect of the $22 required to register for the "Zoo Tourney", as they know this game as. Please make sure you mention this in any e-mail to them. Thanks.

Mike Haven
01-28-2004, 08:48 PM
i have just received a reply from mr True-man that he will increase the registration parameters for the tourney to a 3 x 40 = 120 man tourney

thanks again for pointing out this potential problem before it caused difficulties

DrPhysic
01-28-2004, 08:51 PM
WOOOOOWEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! TEXAS BARBEQUED ZOO BOOTY!!!!!!!!!!

Like about anything else, it probly tastes like chicken.

I'll bring the barbeque sauce!!!!!

Doc

Mike Haven
01-28-2004, 08:52 PM
if anyone needs funds transferred from another player, mr True-man has agreed to do this subject only to BOTH parties e-mailing support@truepoker.com, mentioning the "zoo tourney", and the amount involved

TruePoker CEO
01-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Mike asked that the field be expanded to 120 so I changed it as requested.

We do allow for player transfers to fund entries. Please email in your request to Support@truepoker.com. Both players will have to have opened real money accounts here3 and must validate their emails and email confirmation of the transaction.

No problem.

Mike can contact us at any time if something else may be needed.

Truepoker CEO

DrPhysic
01-29-2004, 12:29 AM
talked to the truepoker moderator yesterday, no help. carefully explained trying to help get a player in tourn that needs $ transfer, no help. sent e-mail patiently explaining sit. no help.

Ask Mike works a lot better!

Doc

TruePoker CEO
01-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Yes, but tonight you sent an email, which I just signed off on, approving the requested transfer.

Truepoker CEO

William
01-29-2004, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Like about anything else, it probly tastes like chicken.

I'll bring the barbeque sauce!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

SS will provide the chickens!
What will be the zoo's contribution? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
01-29-2004, 01:30 AM
what is the procedure for making, verifying, paying and collecting, and getting the (possible*) bonuses on them?

al

*dont remember all the additions they promised or exactly what they were, please rehash!

M.B.E.
01-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Thomas -- you've just made the half-millionth post since 2+2 switched to this format:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Number=500000

Mike Haven
01-29-2004, 02:07 PM
I always send a pm or an e-mail to all Team Members, and make a post in the relevant forums, giving a synopsis of all important information, bets, and the like, just before the Tourney - probably on the 3rd or 4th February on this occasion. Nothing is left to chance, if I can help it.

If you haven't registered yet, you have until midnight on the 31st January to Register and receive your $2 Early Bird Rebate after you play in the Tourney. (You can Register after this time, but you won't receive the Rebate.)

I haven't heard from the Looney Touns yet what "uniform" you will all be wearing on the night to show your Team loyalty. Any suggestions, Captain dbrennan?

DougBrennan
01-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Assuming the James Bond and Busty Blonde are taken (that's what the SS and Zoo "wore" respectively last time) the only other one I like is what I call the Gengis Kahn, sort of an Oriental/Russian mix.

But I don't want to make a unilateral decision here, I'll be happy to listen to other opinions and go with whatever seems to be the majority.

But my vote goes to Gengis.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-29-2004, 03:26 PM

HUSKER'66
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
So Capt. Doug,

Since I have recently defected to the "touns" team (a move that I am proud to have made - people more civil around here... /images/graemlins/smile.gif) Has it been decided what suit of armor we will wear?

Lately, I've been wearing the George Michael "WHAM!" leather look, but my chaps are starting to chaff! If Ghanghis is the character of choice, let's get this party started!!!

wudedude
01-30-2004, 02:43 PM
is this the dude with the handlebar mustache and receeding hairlines ? just want to make sure i have the right one lol.

DrPhysic
01-30-2004, 02:58 PM

Mike Haven
01-31-2004, 09:06 AM
Genghis Khan (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/02/0214_030214_genghis.html) it is, then.

Don't tell Mr True-Man, but you can also change your "City" to read "The Touns" when someone hovers their cursor on your avatar.

This is what you do:

click on Menu
click on Account
click on Edit Mode
provide your own Password
click OK
click on Nick
change City to The Touns
click on Save Info.

If you haven't registered yet, you have until midnight tonight to qualify for the $2 Early Bird Rebate, merely by registering.

If anyone thinks they may not be able to play, please announce it now, as non-agreed No Shows score minimum points for their Team and affect the Team's score more adversely than agreed non-players. Thanks.

DrPhysic
01-31-2004, 10:58 AM
Mike,
I put some $ on true, but see nothing about a first deposite bonus deal. I thought there was one. Did I do it wrong, or not find bonus deal after, or?

Doc

Mike Haven
01-31-2004, 11:28 AM
i'm 100% certain you will receive a 20% bonus (see this page (http://www.truepoker.com/poker_deposit_bonus.html)) but i'm not sure how long it takes to get it - perhaps you should write to support@truepoker.com to check they haven't missed it because you already had a play account or something?

DrPhysic
01-31-2004, 11:42 AM
OK Doug, I think your choice of ghengis is fine with everybody. Now, I'm with wudedude, not sure which character: red hat, handlebar mustache, or receding hairline same mustache? I suspect you mean red hat, but not sure.

Doc

Doc

DougBrennan
01-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Our Gengis is the Red-hat dude with the fu-manchu 'stache and the two-pointed beard.

Across the steppes of Russia we rode, and did pillage and plunder amidst the Zoo and SS.

Hotrod0823
01-31-2004, 02:54 PM
Doc,

You can check your bonus under the menu tab it is something like current promotions. It will tell you how many more hands you have to play to clear your bonus. It is 100 before the whole thing is released.

Hotrod

Al_Capone_Junior
01-31-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Across the steppes of Russia we rode, and did pillage and plunder amidst the Zoo and SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

CLASSIC.

I don't think I am quite hairy enough to get the mustache and beard by showtime, but it's the spirit of the warrior that counts most.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
01-31-2004, 03:30 PM
I cleared the bonus within two days of first buying in. It clears pretty quickly at true. If you buy in for the max it may take a little longer, I only bought in for $200. But hey, I'm up to $500 now!

al