PDA

View Full Version : Too tricky?

rigoletto
01-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Party Poker 5/10 (6 handed)
Rigoletto has 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is UTG

Rigoletto raises, agressive MP1 3-bets, calling station CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Rigoletto calls

Flop(10 2/5 SB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

Rigoletto checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Rigoletto raises, MP1 calls, CO calls

Turn(8 1/5 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Rigoletto bets

dirty_dan
01-28-2004, 03:18 PM
This looks good to me. Your flop checkraise isn't going to fold anyone but most likely you're ahead and it'll give you some ammunition for the turn.

Unless you're prepared to muck your cards instantly when the ace hits the bet is mandatory. You can't check-call to showdown here. Your bet should push out higher pairs and the big kings.

Assuming you get a caller, are you leading out on the river?

Richie Rich
01-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Tricky by no means. Rigoletto raising pre-flop, checking on the flop, and betting on the turn smells like AK/AQ to me. MP1 probably has a high pocket pair - KK/QQ/JJ - and wanted to bet/scare everyone out before the flop and when low cards came out on the flop.

If you plan to continue, your only chance is for a miracle 4 to fall on the river...but it can't be a heart (in case a flush draw is in the hand as well).

Given the odds in this pot, I hope you mucked your hand on the turn.

rigoletto
01-28-2004, 07:01 PM
iven the odds in this pot, I hope you mucked your hand on the turn.

Hard to muck when you are the bettor!

el_grande
01-28-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
iven the odds in this pot, I hope you mucked your hand on the turn.

Hard to muck when you are the bettor!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he thought you were the calling station. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The PF raise makes me cringe, but other than that I honestly don't know if you played it right or not!

AceHigh
01-28-2004, 07:51 PM
I would bet the flop planning on the MP raising and hopefully knocking out the calling station.