PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't True allow money transfer between players?

DOTTT
01-28-2004, 02:26 PM
I was hoping to play in the coming tournament on True, but I’m reluctant to deposit any money because of the lack of games there. Drphysic offered to do a money swap for me, but it turned out True doesn't allow you to transfer any money. Anyone know why?

Cyndie
01-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I have been told that even Party shouldn't do it, as it is in some violation of KGC policies. However, it has happened so much, that I question that. Even Stars, who said they didn't do affiliate payments based on Rake, allow transfers.

Golden Palace insists they are not allowed to transfer, and I do not believe Prima allows them. However, True does transfers for side bets for Zoo events...perhaps if you made a bet, they would be able to transfer??

DrPhysic
01-28-2004, 04:30 PM
The e-mail i received indicated that this is something they plan to add to their software soon, just don't have it done yet.

Doc

CrackerZack
01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
1.) Why would lack of games make you reluctant to deposit there? They have enough action to keep the site worth visiting IMO.

2.) if you email support, they'll usually do the transfer for you.

Inthacup
01-28-2004, 05:02 PM
I think GP conveniently decides what they can and can't do around what they do and don't FEEL like doing.

They claim that they are REQUIRED to have ID verification before cashing out to Neteller. However, they are licensed by KGC just like most other online sites and all the major sites require NO verification. I highly doubt every poker site is breaking the rules except GP.

Now this? Party, Paradise and Stars(and to some capacity, TruePOker) all allow account transfers. UB and Prima do not, but I've never heard that they CAN'T, just that they WON'T.

I think GP is jerking us around saying we CAN'T do this or that when the major sites are allowed to do it. Their BS reasons have always pissed me off.

<end rant>

Cup

DOTTT
01-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Cracker,
I mostly play sng's in the 30-50 range, and from what I've heard there aren’t many of those at True. Am I wrong here? I would definitely consider depositing for this event, however my options are limited as I don’t have a Neteller account and I'm not planning on opening one. I usually send a Western Union transfer or check when making a deposit. True doesn't accept WU transfers either. I've contacted support but they haven’t replied yet.

Inthacup
01-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I don’t have a Neteller account and I'm not planning on opening one.

Why not???

DOTTT
01-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I was a member on Neteller a while back they froze my account, and wouldn't pay up for a month. Not that the amount was significant it was something like $500, but I really got upset because of the way they handled the situation. Since then I've found it easier to send a check or do a WU transfer.

CrackerZack
01-28-2004, 06:44 PM
This you have heard correctly. There are 6+1, 10+1 and 20+2 SnGs there some single table, some 2 table but they don't fill super quickly and 20 player max 20+2s can take quite a while at time. So that does make sense. They accept Neteller and require no ID crap or anything so if you use that to buyin its really not a hassle. Cashouts are reasonable and in the 24-36 hr range. If you do want to transfer, have both players email their support and if you make sure to let them know its for the SS/Zoo tourney, I'm sure they won't have problems. I like True (as you can probably tell) but also wish they had more games. The 5-10 and 10-20 have been going rather regurlarly I've seen though.

Mike Haven
01-28-2004, 06:53 PM
i am 95% certain they will allow transfers and, if i am correct, i will happily transfer the $22 to you if you transfer same to me at stars

let me know and i'll ask mr True-man

Cyndie
01-28-2004, 06:57 PM
<rant></rant> i believe is the proper format or syntax.

From what i saw there, you were just *beginning* your rant...of course, it is totally possible that is what you meant!

Mike Haven
01-28-2004, 08:40 PM
i've received an e-mail fom mr True-man to confirm that he will allow player to player transfers between Team members

his only stipulation is that support@truepoker.com receives an e-mail from both parties confirming the amount involved, and that it is in respect of the "zoo tourney"

TruePoker CEO
01-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Actually, we do allow it, provided both players can email in and verify the transfer and amount. We do provide this service for events like the ZOO tourney, for buy-ins and paying off side bets. we will also do so for ring games.

Transfger requests should be emailed to Support@truepoker.com, and will be reviewed before the transfer is made. If you want to do one to ehter a tourney, please do not wait until the hour before ....

We will not however simply act as if we were Western Union for transfers unrelated to our games. (That creates some security problems and doesn't look good to various regulatory interests. We run poker games and handle money incidental to that business. )

Truepoker CEO

TruePoker CEO
01-28-2004, 09:10 PM
We gladly accept cashiers checks or bank drafts and pay a 10% Bonus immediately, up to a $100 bonus.

We do not accept Western Union because every time we explore that possibility somewhere along the line someone has to use a phony name to make it "work". We won't do that.

If you think it would fly, we can run S&Gs at say $40 + $4, check our S&G board

Truepoker CEO

CrackerZack
01-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Is this bonus separate from the normal deposit bonus? I won't be depositing this way as getting to the bank is a hassle for me but I'm just curious.

On a side note, congrats mr TrueCEO, traffic has picked up recently there are often 3 NL 50 games going now and the 10/20 and 5/10 have been going pretty regularly.

Since you're always asking for advice, you're probably better off sticking with smaller buy-in MTTs as the 30-50 games don't seem to get enough players to be a real MTT while the $10 almost always fill and the $20 usually get close. I personally like the limit tourneys better but I think I'm in the minority. I'd like to see a bit more PL and have sat a few times at the PL50 hoping to start a game but your olde-world horde seems to prefer NL. I think the blind structure should be changed to support change. Just my thoughts, hope they help.

Zack

DOTTT
01-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks Mike, I got the transfer from the Dr. However, I now have another problem, when I try to register for the tournamnet it tells me that I need a real money account, but it seems that I cant set one up unless I make a purchase. Anything you can do? Thanks.