PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Bluff1
01-28-2004, 06:05 AM
The young bluff1 was getting bored playing at the same site every night so I'm going to check out the games at pp. I have been playing at ps since they opened and my game is tailored around their trny structure. From what I have seen at pp, the blinds increase rapidly and the money is shallow at the 30 and below sng's. Can anyone who has played both sites or is a pp player give me insight on what are the main adjustments I need to make. From what I have seen at pp, it looks like it quickly becomes a move in preflop game.

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

steeser
01-28-2004, 11:35 AM
It tends to definitely become a move-in game once the blinds hit 100/200. Before that it's not too bad.

Play the 50+5 and up and the chips are a little deeper, starting at 1000.

Generally I feel my play would be more suited to PS, but my results have been much better at Party. Although it is more of a crapshoot in the end, the players in general aren't that great (at any level, including 100+9). Meaning there is more variance once you are in the money, but I am hitting in the money about 45% of the time, and balancing out the wins with the 2nd and 3rd's.

At the same time though, I love the PS structure, and will put money back in there to play some of those too.

itsmarty
01-28-2004, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I have seen at pp, it looks like it quickly becomes a move in preflop game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got back to playing no limit SNGs at Party (10+1's) this month, and I was surprised by how seldom I'm seeing really early all-ins compared to a year ago.

As far as the 800 chip issue, I think it depends on how comfortable you are with a small stack. It makes people who're used to the 1000 chip games a little antsy, but there's time to play tight and pick your spots.

In my experience, if you practice high starting standards and good position, you can generally double up twice in mid to late game when both the loose but lucky big stackers and the desperate small stackers are ready to call off their stacks with worse cards.

Martin

(btw, please let me know if you haven't chosen an affiliate for your big move)

gunboat
01-28-2004, 07:04 PM
What is PP?

Paradise Poker, Party Poker, Pacific Poker....?

Inquiring minds want to know.