PDA

View Full Version : Don't Slow Play The Granny Mae

Sheriff Fatman
01-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Stuck in a horror session at Party 2/4 - the suckouts have been horrible, in particular from one player who has seen 100% of flops after 75 hands and is winning at this stage (mantra - it won't last, it won't last). His FPS has made him impossible to read upto now, but that's another story.

Get dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in CO-1. Smile to myself as this is surely a signal of a change of fortune. Decide to be 'clever' and limp into the (hopefully) family pot. End up playing it like a true calling station. No excuses offered - just a confession, an apology to the Zoo, an offer of repentance and hopefully a lesson for the doubters to learn from ....

UTG limps, dead blind checks, I call (shame!), SB calls, BB (Mr 100%) calls.

Mistake 1 - Don't limp with Granny - Raise, raise, raise!

5 see a flop of

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Dead blind fold, I call(?).

Mistake 2 - Don't worry about kickers, Granny ignores such trivialities. Raise, raise, raise.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB bets, UTG folds. I ... call

Mistake 3 - When Granny gives you flush and straight draws don't insult her by calling - Raise, raise, raise.

River is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, BB calls, I ... well you know by now.

Feeling ashamed I was actually fully expecting to lose (as I deserved to) but I actually ended up splitting the pot (SB had Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB had 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif).

I now view the $20 returned to me as dirty money (my 30 pieces of silver) and have been searching for a worthy way to dispose of it. My first thought was to offer it as a last longer bet to one of the better opposition players at Zoo vs SS vs Touns but have come up with a slight twist to this.

I don't see why another forum player should benefit from what is a heinous Zoo crime. Therefore, should they be graceful enough to accept, the money shall be offered as $10 last longer bets to Mike Haven and Lori for this event. Mike and Lori are clearly 2 true believers in the power of the Granny Mae, and are also 2 players likely to ensure that this bet is, for me, dead money. This therefore seems to me to be a suitable punishment.

Alternatively, should either of Mike or Lori not wish to accept my offer of penance themselves, they are free to nominate an alternative opponent for me to make this bet with.

I trust this offer will be taken in the correct spirit as a genuine wish to repent for such a badly played hand.

Sherriff

Lori
01-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Alternatively, should either of Mike or Lori not wish to accept my offer of penance themselves, they are free to nominate an alternative opponent for me to make this bet with.

I find last longer bets make me play worse, so I'll nominate SpicyF as he is already in the market for LL bets.

Your offer is accepted in the manner that it is offered and I'm sure Spicy will defend Granny's honour better than I could.

Lori

Sheriff Fatman
01-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Consider it done - I will PM SpicyF with the offer.

Sheriff Fatman
01-27-2004, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I now view the $20 returned to me as dirty money (my 30 pieces of silver) and have been searching for a worthy way to dispose of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW - the remainder of the session in question did a pretty good job of this in any event! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Crime certainly doesn't pay.