PDA

View Full Version : JTs in middle stages of PP Multi

nixma
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Middle stages of a PP multi, my table recently broke and I'm at a new table, probably about 10 or 15 hands in. My stack is 4200, about average, and on this table there is only one bigger stack with 6100. Blinds are 100/200, I'm in the BB and dealt J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif. It folds to the big stack on the button who limps in, the SB (2000) completes.

First question - raise for value or limp?

I limped, so 600 in the pot. Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving me middle pair, no heart draw and a bad straight draw. The SB checks.

Second question - what's the best course of action here?

Third question - assume I bet 500 and am called by the button. 1600 in the pot, and the turn puts out the 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Now what?

cferejohn
01-27-2004, 08:12 PM
I would check preflop as well, and I like the flop bet.

On the turn, I might make a smallish bet (like another 500). Reason being, if the button comes over the top, you can probably fold with confidence (presumably either 9T or a Q). However, if you just check, and the button bets out, you are going to have to make a tough decision. Betting out 500 *probably* stops the button from making a bluff at it, since it looks like the sort of bet you might make with 9T hoping to get raised all-in.

A lot of this depends on your read of the button. Since you are new to the table, you really don't have one.