PDA

View Full Version : Results from todays SnG

t_perkin
01-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Ok a little rundown from todays SnG
-----------------------------------

Poker jon picks off k tax with an early straight

Fmonti takes most of McMelchiors stack with two pair AA TT, McMelchior was looking for the flush.

Poker Jon take most of McMelchs money from FMonti

McMelchior doubles up her T300 with AA when I call her PF allin with AQ

Poker Jon now has T3700 by playing hard and sharp PF and scaring the rest of us away. All this in the first 25mins...

I was then moved to the other table...

heyrocker was knocked out with AQ against PrayingMantis's JJ which held.

And on to the final table....

Poker Jon takes a chunk of 9161 with a busted flush draw which somehow holds against ummm, well who knows...?

McMelchior finally lays down and dies.

VinnyTheFish gets unlucky when Stoneii nails his QQ with JJ that catches a 3rd on the flop.

three limpers, then to me with AK, I move in, 9161 calls, Poker Jon folds 99. My AK holds up for two pair against 9161's A8 despite an A and an 8 on the flop but no King, there was a 9 though, so poker jon is fuming /images/graemlins/smile.gif He has T8000 at this point so I tell him to shut up and let me have a go.

Byron Kincaid goes out to Stoneii when flop comes 446, turn is a Q, Kincaid is all in with 66, Sonteii has AQ, flop comes....well there is only one thing that can come for Stoneii to win...

I bow out when PokerJon raises me in the SB, I move in with KQ, he turns over the bullets and the 3rd one hits me on the flop.

Poker Jon now at T9000

Poker Jon does some good solid bullying making the most of the fact that the only one that can hurt him is Stoneii who is sitting right in front of him.

PrayingMantis looks as though he is going to bow out when he stands up to Jon with QK, Jon has AK. Flop comes a little straight.

PrayingMantis then doubles up almost immediately with AK against Stoneii

blinds are now 200/400

stoneii now loses everything but T1000 to 9161 when he get in a raising war against AQ with KT. Four flush comes on the board in favour of 9161

Stoneii then bows out to Fmonti.

Jon continues to throw his weight around building to T13,000 against 4k, 4k and 3k.

Fmonti falls with KT to 9161's rockets.

9161 loses it all seconds later moving all in on the turn with A5 against PokerJon who has 777 by then.

PrayingMantis now has 3k to break down the 23k mountain in front of PokerJon.

PokerJon takes no prisoners and Disposes of PrayingMantis with 7 5 against his 2 4, both have a pair on the flop when the betting takes place, and nothing changes on the turn or river.

Good solid play by all the 2+2ers I feel - although a little looser than last week, mind you the cards were coming a bit faster too.

Poker Jon seemed to have more than his fair share of cards, but played them very well bullying and pushing everyone and anyone. Well done to him.

Final Standings:

1: Poker Jon
2: HelmetSky = PrayingMantis
3: 9161 = ?
4: Choyce = Fmonti
5: Stone_Eyes = Stoneii
6: t_perkin 2+2
7: ByronKincaid
8: VinnyTheFish
9: Rhonda B = McMelchior and his wife
10: daveymck
11: heyrocker
12: Arckero = ?
13: crazycard = ?
14: Bozeman
15: debaser = ?
16: Glory II = ?
17: lucman = ?
18: k tax = ?

(glad to see the cream is floating to the top - cept u Bozeman, guess ur wallet is too heavy to float /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

see you all next week I hope!

Tim

p.s: Please don't sit at the table BEFORE I sit down especially if it is before the 8pm start time. It just makes things a bit confusing for people - you will get on, we are not that busy yet.

p.p.s: If anyone doesn't know what this game is about but wants to join in send me a PM, all are welcome, it is just a bit of fun.

Sheriff Fatman
01-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Tim

I'm Debaser (ashamed of my lowly 15th place but not too ashamed to own up!)

Got busted out at level 4 (blinds 50/100) limping in from SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. 2 had limped previously, BB checked.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Tried to scare off chasers with a T500 bet. Stone Eyes called so figured him for a flush draw.

2 saw the turn - A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Again tried to be aggressive and pushed all-in for T960. Got called.

River T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Stone Eye showed A /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif for a winning two pair on river. (He did apologise for the catch but that's what the game is all about!)

I'm interested to hear thoughts on this play. I'm pleased to have read the situation correctly but hit a bad card. Unfortunately the aggressive betting didn't scare off the flush draw. Wouldn't normally play A9o but decided to complete in an unraised pot. Wish I hadn't now!

Enjoyed it though - it was my first 2+2 SnG. Hope to be back for many more.

Sherriff

Bozeman
01-27-2004, 07:58 PM
I have to say that I love playing in these, but I have not done well yet. My pride would like to think that I cannot play my best without more monetary incentive. I however believe that I have not properly adapted my normal strategy to this type of field.

And the sample size is still small /images/graemlins/smile.gif,
Craig

t_perkin
01-27-2004, 08:11 PM
I busted out in 17th in my first 2+2 SnG. No shame in it against this kind of opposition!

Hope to see you next week.

on the hand:

I think you should also have been worried about 22, 33 and 99. Although maybe I would figure these to reraise you on the flop what with the possibility of the flush.

But yeah not a bad play really, just a bit of a nasty river.

tim

Guy McSucker
01-28-2004, 04:10 AM
Dear Fatman/Debaser,

I have a theory, based on the two screen names you're using here. It is this: you bought a lot of records around 1989-92.

Am I right?

Guy.

Stoneii
01-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Sherriff

Your aggression on the turn would absolutely have done the trick if I was just on the flush draw. The Ace on the turn kept me in with 4 to the flush and top pair. I did draw out on a lot of people so guess I was far too loose (I mean drawing out a Q later for a higher boat on the river must've been just too sore!!)

The justice I suppose was that I finished in 4th!!

However, decided that since the cards were trying to run over me I'd go try my luck in a single table $27 + $2 super sattelite to Sunday's $200 + $15 and I got lucky enough again to take it down (just my evening I think /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) although did tighten up just a shade!!

Thanks again Tim, nice to watch good players/plays in action
See ya's next week (if pass out stays good as I'm playing in a local B&M regular charity game on Thursday after it /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Stoneii

Sheriff Fatman
01-28-2004, 05:01 AM
Your theory is correct - although I continue to purchase in similar quantities nowadays. However, that particular period holds a special place in my memory!

Its quite fun when someone recognizes one of the names at a table. They're not too widely known (although my Stars Avatar does provide a fairly strong clue) so the ensuing conversation tends to leave most of the table in the dark. Much better than listening to the table coaches though.

Sheriff Fatman
01-28-2004, 05:04 AM
Tim

That's exactly why I'd ruled out the pocket pairs. Wouldn't expect someone to hang around with them with a flush draw on board.

Hope to stick around for a bit longer next time but it was fun while it lasted!

Sheriff Fatman
01-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Stoneii

Congrats on the later win - good luck in the big money event!

McMelchior
01-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Just to set things straight: My PStars avatar shows my wife (Crazy Mouse) - everything else, and especially the pokering, is me & absolutely male!

... oh yeah, and the hand where I lost most of my stack to Fmonti started out as an overplayed weak suited Ace ... I caught the flush draw on the turn, and should probably have saved most of my chips by check/folding instead of committing most of them by betting into the flop-caller with only 9 outs ... seems to be the latest hole in my game, lol

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McMelchior (Johan)

t_perkin
01-28-2004, 10:15 AM
oops, sorry about the "her" slipping in!

I tend to write the notes with the Stars names while I am playing, as it gets hard to type fast and think about everyones names.

Then at the end I do a query replace from the Stars names to the 2+2 names, needless to say that doesn´t spot the mistakenly put "her".

I do of course know that Rhona B = McMelchior = male
the "and wife" was a joke

just hard to type previous hand, watch current hand and play all at the same time!

sorry!

Tim

Poker Jon
01-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey all,

It was very enjoyable playing against you all yesterday.

I have to admit I did get my fair share of luck and nice hands (3 pairs of bullets and 2 pairs of ladies) from what I can remember.

When I get home, I will post the busted flush hand as I want some critique on the way I played it.

I like the idea of this weekly tourney. T perkin, any chance of maybe getting a league table of something such like going (and thats not just coz I won it!), and seeing how players do over the course of a few tourneys.

Jon

t_perkin
01-28-2004, 02:15 PM
The idea is to keep these as just a bit of fun. Therefore I think that we should not keep score. However I will obviously post the final standings in each game report.

Plus it is actually quite a lot of work to keep track of all the players, all their aliases, and all their results - different people play each week and if there are more than 18 people then we will (and in the US game they already do) run more than one table.

If somebody is so willing they are more than welcome to put all the results in a spreadsheet or something. I have no problem with you posting it here or putting it on a website or something.

We just didn't really want to turn this into another KotZ where things are very competitive. So basically, play in KotZ if you want super competitive games with scoreboards and leagues etc., and play in these when you just want a casual game which will hopefully be instructive and competitive at the same time.

These are just my thoughts, DrPhysic (who runs the later game) I think thinks the same, but he may correct me....

Tim

heyrocker
01-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Even fewer people recognize Debaser for its lyrical tribute to the Salvador Dali / Luis Bunuel short film Un Chien Andalou which features someone's eyeball getting sliced open with a razor. I bet those lyrics make a lot more sense now.

PrayingMantis
01-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Again, great fun. And I agree it was the loosest 2+2 SNG out of the four I've played. Early (small) lead and some few victorious all-in showdowns (one of which was a lucky straight split w/ KQ against Jon's AK) took me to second place.

Again, I found myslef HU with a tough player, last time it was Kurn, this time Poker Jon, who had a a most substential lead (5 times my stack), so I didn't have much room to play. Still, I did make him think twice, quite a long time, whether to call my PF all-ins and risk doubling me up, or letting me getting eaten by the blinds. I was really sorry he didn't call my TT's PF all-in, though /images/graemlins/frown.gif. It was the 2nd best hand I got the whole tourney, and should have maybe tried to trap there...

Good game all, congrats Poker Jon,

PrayingMantis

CrisBrown
01-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Hiya t_perkin,

I agree. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2+2 SNG Tour, complete with leader board, etc. provided it were so over the top as to be completely silly. E.g.: we could come up with absurd names for each event, like the Roswell Alien Abductional (rather than Invitational, free anal probes as consolation prizes), or some such.

If it were done in such a way as to make it clear to everyone involved that we're all simply pretending to be big fish by piling into a tiny pond, then that'd be cool. But if it became seriously competitive, well, that'd ruin it for me.

Cris

Poker Jon
01-28-2004, 04:07 PM
T Perkin & Cris,

No problems about the keeping score thing. I didn't realise that was done on the KoTZ thing. Just an idea really. Obviously an administrative nightmare!

I just wanted to post the busted flush hand you talked about in your report T perkin for some critique!!

*********** # 50 **************
PokerStars Game #262396545: Tournament #892144, Hold'em No Limit - Level V
(75/150) - 2004/01/27 - 15:46:27 (ET)
Table '892144 2' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: ByronKincaid (2822 in chips)
Seat 2: Choyce (1480 in chips)
Seat 3: VinnyTheFish (1573 in chips)
Seat 4: Stone_Eyes (4725 in chips)
Seat 5: Poker Jon (5833 in chips)
Seat 6: Rhonda B (532 in chips)
Seat 7: t_perkin 2+2 (1078 in chips)
Seat 8: HelmetSky (4455 in chips)
Seat 9: 9161 (4502 in chips)
Stone_Eyes: posts small blind 75
Poker Jon: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Poker Jon [6s Js]
Rhonda B: folds
t_perkin 2+2: folds
HelmetSky: folds
9161: calls 150
ByronKincaid: folds
Choyce: folds
VinnyTheFish: calls 150
Stone_Eyes: calls 75
Poker Jon: checks
*** FLOP *** [Ts 3s Jd]
Stone_Eyes: checks
Poker Jon: bets 450
9161: calls 450
VinnyTheFish: folds
Stone_Eyes: folds
*** TURN *** [Ts 3s Jd] [5c]
Poker Jon: checks
9161: bets 600
Poker Jon: calls 600
*** RIVER *** [Ts 3s Jd 5c] [Ad]
Poker Jon: bets 900
heyrocker [observer] said, "gotta go get some work done. gl all"
HelmetSky said, "ty"
Rhonda B said, "ty, see you next week, heyr"
t_perkin 2+2 said, "bye"
9161: calls 900
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Poker Jon: shows [6s Js] (a pair of Jacks)
9161: mucks hand
HelmetSky said, "........."
Poker Jon collected 4500 from pot

I don't think I played the hand too badly, and what do you reckon I was called with?? I sure don't know.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

t_perkin
01-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Ok then this series is now known as the...umm dunno open to suggestions

Next week will see the emergence of this years first major open tournament:
The Legs Open

Following this will be the Party Invitational (held at Stars to rub their noses in it!)

The following week will see the first cruise of the tour: The Poker Squillion with a gaurenteed prize pool of 18,000 ....cents

All events are sponsored by the PlayBoy Channel.

Tim /images/graemlins/smile.gif

t_perkin
01-28-2004, 04:54 PM
I think you played it pretty well. I can't think what hand he could have called with...

It was a brave bet on the river...

What would you have done if he had raised you on the river to say - 1800?

--

tim

DrPhysic
01-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Tim is right, I do agree with him. For several reasons:
1. In the responses when we first started the SNG series and since, most players seem to feel that they wanted a friendly social game. The general feeling received from most was "KotZ is for competition".
2. While I have received requests that we keep score, they have come from 2 people that I remember specifically (possibly three). I have 68 people on the mailing list.
3. There may be yet another competitive event available with the advent of KotZ vs SS vs Looney Touns, and with Mike Haven's expressed interest in starting a league.
4. I don't have the time to keep score. However, if the feeling of the group is that you wish to keep score, I e-mailed eMarkM a few days ago, and he was kind enough to share the KotZ scoring system. It tracks position of all entrants, not just the winners. Name difference between Stars and 2+2 would become a problem, as some do not wish to be identified, which of course we respect.

For the time being, until the group indicates differently, I think we should continue with weekly bragging rights, double if you win the afternoon and evening games, triple bragging rights if you win all three.

Doc

PS to Tim: In your new series, could we have a post season game? Call it the Toilet Bowl and of course you know how the 18000 pennies get delivered.

Stoneii
01-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Well played on busted flush - nice with top pair on flop too. River was a bit of a scary?

My best guess on his call 9Ts? Leaving him with second pair after flop? I was going to suggest 89s but DOH he couldn't call on river with nothing so it has to be 9T

He had to have some sort of connection with call preflop and then his interest had to be maintained after your post flop bet?

Just a guess - well played

stoneii

Stoneii
01-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Actually is it more likely to be KT or QT he called with rather than 9T? Was just wondering if maybe his 600 raise was because he took your flop bet as a 4 part flush but without the Jack - thus making is TT good?