PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs AA - WHAT'S THE CORRECT PLAY?

10-28-2001, 04:01 PM
Playing typical 3-6 at TAJ. Players will normally raise only with legitimate hands. I was dealt red QQ UTG and raised. Three callers including the late mid-post descent player whom I have caught bluffing twice before but plays good hands. He re-raised. Everyone folded to me. As I have seen him raised from a wide variety of hands like ATo to AA, I decided just to call. Was this a correct play?

Everyone folded to re-raiser. Heads up. Flopped A-Q-T rainbow. I checked planning to re-raise. Is this correct?

Player bets, I raised, he re-raised, I thought he probably had AA more than AK as he would not re-raised if he thinks he is behind. What is the correct play? Comments, please. Results to be posted later.

10-28-2001, 08:06 PM
I'm amazed everyone folded for 1 more bet after calling 2 cold. I would reraise if he was a loose reraiser. If he was a rock I just call. Also, another thing is whether the limit of raises is a bet and 3 raises or a bet and 4 raises. Here in vegas we have a bet and 4 riases and I'd be more inclined to just call because I don't want to be raised again if I'm behind and have to put in 2 bets instead of one. With the 3 raises it may be worth the reraise beause it only costs one sb and you may get people out behind you who would call 1 more but not 2.

Check-raise on the flop is fine. The only hnad he can have to be you is AA. Or KJ but not likely he would 3 bet KJ. There are alot more hands he could have that you beat. So I would continue to pound him with raises. He would play AK,AQ,A10,1010. Maybe even KK trying to slow you down to get a free card this way. I'd slow down on the river if he continues to raise then he probably has it. But most of the time your in the lead here and you should punish him for being over aggressive!

10-29-2001, 08:24 PM
I desperately called pretty damn sure I was beat by his rockets gauging from his reactions.

Turn Q (A Q T) Whopee!!! I checked making him think that I had AQ, he bets, I called.

River rag, I checked again, he bets, I raised, he re-raised, I re-raised, he went all in, I called. I showed my 4Qs and he disgustedly turned over his AA. He commented that he put me AQ all the way.

My question is knowing 100% that I was beat on the flop with is set of A against my set of Q, was it correct for me to call his re-raise? Thanks again.

By the way at AC raises are limited to 3.

10-29-2001, 09:06 PM
If you know 100% that you are beat, the answer is no, you should fold. It is a definite fold since only a Q could help you against AA.

I think the point is that you didn't know 100%. The more you doubt you are against AA, the more likely you should call.

Mojay