PDA

View Full Version : KK that goes ugly - overplayed?

fryKing
01-27-2004, 03:00 PM
trying to decide if my play here was correct. In hindsight I wish I had gotten away from it earlier but I am trying no to be too results oriented.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is CO

EP1 limps, EP2(poster) checks, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, EP1 calls, EP2(poster) calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop(12 SB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, EP1 bets, EP2 calls, MP1 raises, MP3 folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, EP1 caps, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls

Turn(14 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 checks, EP2 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, EP1 calls

River(18 BB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP1 checks, EP2 bets, MP1 raises, Hero folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

MP1 takes it down with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif for the rivered flush
EP1 had 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif for the "unlikely" flopped straight but it just kept getting worse for him.
EP2 had 86o and apparently decided to bet out while playing the board. <shrug>

I think I realized I was probably very behind after the 4-bet on the flop but the pot was huge and I thought it was at least possible I was up against a hand I could still beat if I improved. On the turn I definitely should have realized that I was drawing dead and folded.

Thoughts?

Magikist
01-27-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I realized I was probably very behind after the 4-bet on the flop but the pot was huge and I thought it was at least possible I was up against a hand I could still beat if I improved. On the turn I definitely should have realized that I was drawing dead and folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this reasoning is fine. Just follow it next time. All in all, it wasn't so ugly - you really only lost one bet you shouldn't have.