PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 tables and players

winky51
01-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Been playing a bit on 3/6 and winning a good amount of money. What I see though amazes me. Players actually seem to play worse than 2/4 and am not sure why.

I have seen many times I come in raising with a group 1-3 hand and even cap it with AA or KK. 1 or 2 match my raises. Usually I win but sometimes The play and raise me and I can't figure out what they have? Their play makes no sense. Then in the end they have 2 pair 3 9 off suit. To top it off they reraised me in an EP.

Of course you adjust to them using tactics but still. usually I can put a bad player staying in on small pair under or Ax os with any kicker. But quite a few of these idiots actually come in with the worst hands. At 2/4 I rarely see people reraising with a zero hand.

In fact as I am typing this I just experienced another idiotic reraise on a crap hand 36 hearts at PP when I raised with a good hand.

And another hand of me with KQ suited raising and some guy calls with J5 of spades. The flop comes Qs 10c 6c. Turn 7s. River 2s and I lose. What idiot stays in with underpairs with a gut shot flush? I mean that is more idiotic than what people play at 2/4.

So my question is this: Does this sort of stupidity escalate to the high level tables? Can i expect this on 5/10, 10/20, 15/30?

Al

winky51
01-27-2004, 03:08 PM
As an extra post I always get my money back from these lucky plays eventually they go to far with too little.

WalleyeJason
01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
I see alot of the sae stuff at 3/6 since I jumped up from 2/4.

I can't awnser why, but I sure do see people raising with AToff UTG and JKoff.

Its pretty cool actually!!!

WJ

winky51
01-27-2004, 04:12 PM
It is great. I have made so much at 3/6. But what drives me crazy are those reraisers to my AK when they are EP with 29 os under and flip over a FH. You just can't see that coming. its like a Twilight Zone episode.

On another note I notice so many people insulting and fighting. its just wrong and I step in a lot saying to play nice.

I feel that if you have a room full of fish that you want to make them feel as good as possible as you take their money. I even compliment the guy that makes that 99922 FH even though I am sitting here amazed I got beat by stupidity. This is because the next 10 times he tries that I will have his cash.

So moral of the story is always be nice.

Al

WalleyeJason
01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Ya, I know what you mean...I saw a guy this morning Limp UTG with 37s when I had 3 bet with KK.

the flop was 377 and he checked some other fool bet I raised all streets to the river when UTG and I cap it off.

I was pretty amazied that he called 2 cold preflop with that hand.

I have to learn not to say anything other than "Great Hand" or "Well Played"

And add a /images/graemlins/smile.gif just for tilt sake, basicly its my way of saying "you stuipid fool"

LOL

steveyz
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
I have actually noticed this too. And I think this makes table selection much more important for the 3/6 games as if you find a game with 2 or 3 maniacs that call raises and re-raises with crap you can usually isolate them when you have a big hand and eventually bankrupt them. One possible reason I can think of for more "maniacs" at the 3/6 is that raises tend to be more effective at this level (they actually win pots time to time when everyone folds, and they are encouraged by this and think they should try it everytime) ... 2/4 tends to have more passive calling stations that thwarts this "strategy". This is my hypothesis anyways. Feel free to disagree.
It is also very easy to take advantage of these people. I had a flopped top 2 pair capped 4-ways on the flop last night thanks to a maniac that raised and re-raised every single flop as long as he had any pair regardless of kicker. But this also means that you have to be careful of your AK/AQ hands that don't hit the flop. Don't assume that just because your opponent called your raise/re-raised you that if the flop is 952 rainbow, that they didn't hit. So sit back and wait for the big hands and watch your money pile up.

WalleyeJason
01-27-2004, 07:25 PM
I think this hand shows what your saying, you think that guy had Kx??

WJ

3/6 Texas Holdem
Dealt to Walleye675 [ Kh, Ad ]
iamrandyray calls (3)
pocketdos calls (3)
LionMan23 calls (3)
robstarox calls (3)
dapno1 folds.
Jjohn8853 folds.
HotCardMama calls (3)
EvalThermo calls (3)
Walleye675 raises (5) to 6
jilt51 calls (3)
iamrandyray calls (3)
pocketdos calls (3)
LionMan23 calls (3)
robstarox calls (3)
HotCardMama calls (3)
EvalThermo calls (3)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Tc, Kd, 9d ]
Walleye675 bets (3)
jilt51 calls (3)
iamrandyray calls (3)
pocketdos calls (3)
LionMan23 folds.
robstarox calls (3)
HotCardMama calls (3)
EvalThermo calls (3)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ks ]
Walleye675 bets (6)
jilt51 calls (6)
iamrandyray folds.
pocketdos raises (12) to 12
robstarox calls (12)
HotCardMama folds.
EvalThermo folds.
Walleye675 raises (12) to 18
jilt51 folds.
pocketdos calls (6)
robstarox calls (6)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8s ]
Walleye675 bets (6)
pocketdos calls (6)
robstarox folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $138 | Rake: $3
Board: [ Tc Kd 9d Ks 8s ]
Walleye675 balance $249, bet $33, collected $138, net +$105 [ Kh Ad ] [ three of a kind, kings with ace kicker -- Ad,Kh,Kd,Ks,Tc ]

IlliniRyRy
01-27-2004, 08:20 PM
I couldn't agree with you more about the 3/6 games. I'm making a sick amount of money against these ridiculous players, they never go away. People just love to gamble I guess. I think you'll find that the games are a lot more aggressive as you move up. You're still going to find the fish that cold call 3 bets with K6, but im sure its to a lesser degree.

steveyz
01-27-2004, 10:41 PM
If you think that is bad, guess what my opponent had this hand:

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is SB

Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, Button caps, Hero calls

Flop(9 SB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls

Turn(8 1/2 BB): Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls

River(10 1/2 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls

Answer in white.

<font color="white"> [ 3s 4s ] [ a pair of threes -- Ac,Qh,8s,3s,3c ]
</font>

blindcaller
01-28-2004, 01:50 AM
this is my first time here at two plus two , it is also my first time posting. I play mostly on party poker and play 3/6 and up. It has been my experience that msot of the players would not do well in a live game since you would be able to read them alot easier.
Since the infussion of online poker and televised WPT and WSOP every person who has play crazy eights gin or crib and maybe even some who have played strip poker have bought all the poker books and watched the likes of money maker WIN big palying some crap cards( no offense ot moneymaker he did do so great plays but alot of his calls were not that great and the poker gods were with him).
It is up to us the people who value our Bankrolls and integrity to keep playing what is considered good poker with throwing in a couple plays that would throw people off and think that you are a fish. In the long run we will WIn not the crazys. I see this kind of play in large live games also 30/60 100/200 all of it if they have the money it does not matter what the limit is there will always be those types and HONESTLY I LOVE TO PLAY WITH THEM IT SURE HELPS THE POCKET
I hope that this is understandable /images/graemlins/diamond.gif