PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys fold preflop?

DocHollyday
01-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi there, I'm posting this more because I'd won a huge pot if I'd stay, but it wonders me, if anyone stays with this hand and situation:

9 handed game: I get KJoff on the button. There's an open raise by a very loose player. Now three players coldcall his raise and I fold.

Does anyone call?

PS: I'd rivered a full house with lots of action, if anyone's interested! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edge34
01-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey doc,

MAYBE...and i say this because I don't know what type of maniac we're against here. With 3 others already along for the ride, KJ not being a HORRIBLE hand (but not great either), and you having position, I don't think a call would've been horrible - totally situational though, especially regarding how big a maniac the open-raiser is. Might've been worth at least a flop.

-Edge

hutz
01-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Yuck. I would fold this without a second thought at a typical table.

Duke
01-27-2004, 02:20 PM
No. Not with position with a decent hand and a bunch of people cold-calling, telling me that they're going to pay me off if I do connect.

~D

pudley4
01-27-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey doc,

MAYBE...KJ not being a HORRIBLE hand (but not great either), and you having position, I don't think a call would've been horrible ...Might've been worth at least a flop.

-Edge

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this sounds like it came directly out of Vince Van Patten's "Tips on HoldEm Color Commentating or How to say a lot without saying Anything" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Diplomat
01-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi Doc,

If you are not worried about the very loose raiser, you should definitely worry about the 3 cold callers. This one isn't even close to being close. It's far from close. Hell, it's remote. It's off in the bushes of Washington state. Easy fold.

-Diplomat

DocHollyday
01-28-2004, 04:29 AM
Actually it surprises me, that there was anyone playing this hand. I absolutely agree with Diplomat on this hand.

Duke, the reason, why I did not play this hand were: 1. This is not a decent hand, it's a marginal one! 2. If I connect, I may be forced to pay someone off, who holds a better hand (KQ, AK, AJ).

But thanx for your responses, was an awesome pokerday yesterday!