PDA

View Full Version : Home Superbowl Bets

mmanne
01-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
Each year I try and make up some fun bets to have with my friends. A good number of the people I watch the superbowl with are people that don't really care too much about the game, but like the spectacle of it, IE Commercials, Half-time, ...

What I do to keep everyone interested and betting is to make up a pool bet. I list out as many topics as I can, each person can purchase that topic for, say $5. The topic that has the most wins. A little confusing, and I'm sure my explanation hasn't helped so, a quick example:
Last years bets:
Timeouts used in the first half
Challenges in a game by the booth
Challenges by either coach
Indiviual commercials with a girl in a bikini
Total TDs ...

So, I'm looking for things that I should include in my pool. I like to make the mean of each topic ~5, some with high variance, some with low variance, but the more odd the bet, the better. Especially any bets relating to non-football stuff would be great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Matt

Wake up CALL
01-27-2004, 06:38 PM
How about:

How many commercials during the game with animals as the main characters?

The number of touchdowns scored in The Lingerie Bowl?

How many field goal attempts will fail?

How many times will your friends' cell phones ring during halftime?

I thought of one more.

How many Super Bowl commercials will advertise erectile dysfunction products?

scalf
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif..take note wake up...

and study closely...

most of these commercials concerning..impotence..(now whatever happened to that term) ..or creamjeans for that matter...lol

that actually, it is never categorically mentioned that there is a drug for sale to help; well; er, giggle "get it up" or.."keep it going"...and note closely....that means that the football star must be someone you would assume had erection problemsss...

seriously, think..(remember when IBM..lol)..

that if the ditka was a stud like me...then ya just could not imagine the need for such a product...lol

as a side note...my wife sweetly smile...; and reminds me to get some free samples for a new erectile dysfunction med the...jeesh LASTS 35 HOURS...

OHMYGOSH..

the death of me...

but a happy wife..

gl all /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Wildbill
01-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Good bet to make for interest sake is "will a coach make a successful challenge in the 1st half"? It is good because usually we are all bored while the ref goes running over to the video, but if you got money on it then that isn't wasted time with no gambling /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mmanne
01-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Those are great WakeUp, thanks for the added bets. If anyone has anymore, I'd love to hear them.

matt

dogsballs
01-28-2004, 05:20 PM
dunno if these'll be any good, but here goes...
(hey; I might do this myself)

Will a sideline person (coach/player/cameraman/whoever) be decked by a play that goes into the sidelines (...must be ruled down by contact; replay and challenges allowed; domino effect allowed /images/graemlins/cool.gif).

How many commercial breaks in the final two minutes of each half (...but that might be a pretty big number...).

How many blimp shots of houston will be shown during the game? (exclude half time?).

Which half will have the most crowd shots primarily of fans with a big foam rubber hand. Or how many total. (...do nfl fans do that?)