PDA

View Full Version : A Silver Lining to balance your Bad Beats.

MattHatter
01-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Heres a couple bad beats (sorry) that I post only cause of the silver lining in the end. This is long but worth it. It should let you know that Karma works.. and that all is right in the Universe. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

$25 NL Party, Just dat down.. 6 hands in I get...

HAND #1
HERO: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif LP 2 off the button
3 limpers, 1 guy posted, I bet $2.50
SB calls, two MP callers. 4 to flop for $12.
FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets out $4, ARCH-ENEMY calls, MP2 calls, and I...
Raise it to $20 All-In. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I realize this is questionable.. but I figured SB would slowplay a house or trip 7.. and the MPs would raise faced with his bet if they had one of those hands.. so I put him on a flush draw or a 10.
SB calls all-in, ARCH-ENEMY calls, MP2 folds. 3 to turn for $75
TURN: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Oops... I guess I wan't trying hard enough.
RIVER: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB had J /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
ARCH ENEMY had 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif SPLIT POT $75
HERO <- Broke /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Rebuy!

I type in the chat box "D'oh! Great call guys, you got me."
Someone types "Why wouldn't they call they had the boat."
I remind them "I think it came on the turn."

HAND #2
10 hands later
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif LP 2 off the button.
3 limpers to me I bet $2
SB BB both fold, EP1 calls ARCH ENEMY raises to $4, MP2 folds, I call, EP1 calls. 3 to the flop for $13.25.
FLOP: A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
checked to me, I bet $6, EP1 folds, ARCH ENEMY calls.
2 to turn for $25
TURN: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to me, I push all in for $14, ARCH ENEMY calls.
RIVER: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ARCH ENEMY shows J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif POT $43
HERO <- Broke /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Rebuy!

ARCH ENEMY was a wildman.. very high varicance.. but was up to $100 before long.
But in poker as in life... nothing lasts forever and theres usually a silver lining...

Hand #3 (about 40 minutes later)
K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
I'm 2 from the button, 4 limpers in front of me, I limp, 1 behind me and both blinds. 8 to the flop for $4. lol
FLOP: k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 :heart
SB checks, BB bets $1, EP calls, ARCH ENEMY raises to $2, next 2 players fold to me, I call, LP behind me raises to $3 (ALL-IN), SB folds, BB calls, ARCH ENEMY calls, I call.
4 to the flop for $17
FLOP: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, ARCH ENEMY checks, I bet $5
LP(still allin), BB folds, ARCH ENEMY calls. 3 to river for $27.
RIVER: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
ARCH ENEMY bets $5, I call.

ARCH ENEMY shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 :heart
LP shows A /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
HERO <- Wins! POT $35

But wait.. it's a lot better than that.. check out this call /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HAND #4
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB.
Everyone folds except ARCH ENEMY (who limps), me and the BB. 3 to flop for $1.50.
FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, BB bets $0.50, ARCH ENEMY makes it $2, I call, BB calls. 3 to turn for $7.50.
TURN: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I made a str8 but the flush is out so I check, BB bets $0.50 again, ARCH ENEMY raises to $4. No way I'm letting go of my str8 flush draw to my ARCH ENEMY so I call, BB calls as well. 3 to river for $19.
RIVER: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, BB bets $0.50 again? ARCH ENEMY raises to $20.
I think about this about as hard as I can until it starts beeping at me..... and I call. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif BB folds.

ARCH ENEMY shows me A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
HERO <- Wins! POT $57

about 2 hands later someone else makes a great call against the maniac now on tilt and tkes his last $10. Then the guy asks "Where'd all my money go?". And I replied "It was my money, and I took it back."

Well I hope you enjoyed this if you got through it.. longest.... post..... ever..... If there are errors I apologise. It has to end.

jedi
01-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Sweet. I'm going to use that one from now on.

[ QUOTE ]

Then the guy asks "Where'd all my money go?". And I replied "It was my money, and I took it back."

[/ QUOTE ]