PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatebet beeping - makes ub unplayable

twistedbeats
01-27-2004, 01:11 PM
my pledge to you: i will send this to you and post it on 2+2, rgp, and the XXXX board every day at noon until you respond (for real, not the automated response), then i'll stop posting on rgp and 2+2. i won't stop emailing or posting on the other board until you change it.

*note to 2+2* i won't make a new thread, i'll just force this to the top. sorry if anyone considers it spamming

if it is my turn to act at table a, and i am chatting at table b, or writing in my notes, or sending you an email, control is given to table a,and ub just starts beeping. i do not have the "force table to front" choice selected, nor do i have sound enabled for ultimate bet.

you have essentially taken chat away from me. you have essentially taken
multitasking away from me. this is the worst thing that has ever happened
to UB. i hate it with a passion. please get rid of this.

CrackerZack
01-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Because UB does something you don't like, you're gonna spam us with incessant whining and constantly bump it to irritate us. Good plan. You should start berating people at the table too. Also a good plan.

driller
01-27-2004, 01:29 PM
What is really annoying is someone multitasking who takes the time limit to make a no brainer decision.

jek187
01-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Good luck ever getting a worthy response. I wanted the average amount in the High Hand Jackpot pool so I could compute the EV of the promo for BW.com. Here is my conversation with UB:

Me:
Dear Memberservices,

I am working on your section of our site at BonusWhores.com. I would like to know what the average amount is in the real money hold em jackpot prize pool. This information will be used to promote Ultimate Bet. Thank you for your time,

Them:
Hello,

Jackpots in the Real Money games are awarded based on stake level. Different stake levels are awarded varying percentages of the Jackpot. The higher you play, the bigger the percentage of the Jackpot you can win!

Group Stake Level Eligible %
of Jackpot
1 .25/.50 limit, .10/.25 NL, PL 5%
2 .50/$1 limit, .25/.50 NL, PL 10%
3 $1/$2 limit, .50/$1 NL, PL 20%
4 $2/$4 limit, $1/$2 NL, PL 40%
5 $3/$6 - $4/$8 limit 60%
6 $5/$10 - $8/$16 limit, $2/$4 NL, PL 80%
7 $10/$20+ limit, $5/$10+ NL, PL 100%
As an example, if you were playing a Group 3 game and the Jackpot was $1000, you would win $200 if you had the high hand during the Jackpot period. (20% of $1000) If you were playing a Group 7 game, however, you would win all $1000 of the Jackpot! (100% of $1000)

If someone does not win 100% of the jackpot, the remaining amount will be rolled over, and added to, into the next jackpot period.

We are sorry but for now we do not accept affiliates. If there will be any change in our Affiliate Program , it will be posted within the site. If you wish to learn more about our jackpot prommotion, please visit the following link : http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/jackpots_hh.html .
Please let us know if you have further questions. We apreciate your interest in our site!

Me:
I understand how the jackpot works. What I want to know is the average amount of money in the HHJ pool when a prize is paid out. Thank you,

Them:
Hello,

You can go to the Mainscreen of the game, on the right low corner you will see a box with jackpots details. If you want to know the amount of money available and other details for a specific game, just click on it (real money or play and micro-limit).

If you want more information about jackpots just click on "details".

If you require further assistance please let us know.

Me:

Without going in and checking the HHJ every 90 minutes, is there any way you guys could tell me what the average amount is in the jackpot pool? This is a question that can not be answered by one of your stock responses, but I figured that maybe someone in your office may have the data. Thank you

Them:
Hello,

There is no fixed or average amount in a jackpot. You can review the amount available for the jackpot. Just Click on the real Money jackpot button.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Me:

Quote: "There is no fixed or average amount in a jackpot."

Yes, there is an average. Due to the fact that money is added to the jackpot, and different %s are paid out, the money in the jackpot is changing every 90 minutes. I know how to check the jackpot amount, and I know all the common details pertaining to the HHJ. What I'd like to know, is if you guys have the data on hand which would say what the average amount is in the jackpot pool. If so, can you share that number with me please? If you don't understand my question, please pass it on to someone who does. The response I'm hoping for should contain a number, and that number better not be $250. Thank you,

Them:

Hello,

Jason there is a minimum of $250 for each jackpot, $100 added every 90 minutes.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

It was at this point I finally gave up. I frankly don't think UB's support is any better than Party's. This was just plain ridiculous.

JTrout
01-27-2004, 02:07 PM
You should ask them every day till you get a satisfactory response, and post it here every day till you get a satisfactory response. That plan seems to be working very well for others! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s. I agree, U.B.'s support sux, and is slow about it!

jek187
01-27-2004, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should ask them every day till you get a satisfactory response, and post it here every day till you get a satisfactory response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe everyone could do this, and then we could have Thomastem invite all his friends (Al Capone and Co.) back to the Zoo to show them how much everything has changed.

twistedbeats
01-27-2004, 02:31 PM
actually, i thought i'd post a thread about an internet poker site in the internet poker forum. you want i should just attach granny maes at the bottom of each post?

twistedbeats
01-27-2004, 02:43 PM
actually, i find i'm taking more time because of the beeping. there was that one time i shattered my mouse and timed out on four tables. but honestly, you don't play just one table with absolutely no other aplications open, do you?

CrackerZack
01-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Sure, as long as you don't spam the forum. Sure, the beeping is annoying, turn it off on your system's sounds. Contact support which will do little. Stop playing there. I guess spam these boards is an option, but a poor one.

jek187
01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually, i thought i'd post a thread about an internet poker site in the internet poker forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem does not stem from your initial bitching post. It's important, IMHO, to blast the sites for these bits of stupidity from time to time. The problem is that, if everyone were to pick a complaint about a site, and bump it every day, this forumn would be an absolute mess. We'd have 50 frickin' threads about Party support alone, and another 20 or so about UB. It would just dillute the strength of complaints aired here.

Post your complaint, follow-up on it, but don't make a pest out of youself with it. It won't help anyone in the long run.

twistedbeats
01-27-2004, 03:04 PM
i guess what i want to do is make it an issue. i can't be the only one who's going insane with the beeping, and the underlying issue of ultimatebet not getting back to me except with an auotresponse is important too. who knows, maybe ultimatebet will actually give me a real response and i won't have to follow this thread up anymore

jek187
01-27-2004, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess what i want to do is make it an issue. i can't be the only one who's going insane with the beeping, and the underlying issue of ultimatebet not getting back to me except with an auotresponse is important too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Others that agree with you will share their thoughts in this thread. The thread will be bumped naturally. However, if you try to make an issue out of this by bumping it constantly, the only issue created will be the annoyance caused by twistedbeats. I'm pretty sure UB hardly cares what happens to these forums, they can't even hire competents to work the support desk.

Bob L
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
I agree -this is a great point.True poker is very similar.You can't do any mutlitasking what so ever.I don't agree about bumping posts like these everyday until Ub fixes the problem.I think your better off not playing there and find a different site.

twistedbeats
01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
remember, i said i'd post every day until they've acknowledged the problem, not until they fix it. and as far as leaving it goes, i would like to, but what other sites can americans play at that have regular 5/10 and up no limit games?

and anyway, wouldn't it be nice if a big site paid attention to the problems of a longtime loyal customer?

MicroBob
01-27-2004, 03:58 PM
i thought the beeping wasnt enacted until you were officially 'late' to act on the hand.

i agree that multitaskers who hold up the game are about as annoying as the beeping. oh wait, i've been known to be one of those multitaskers sometimes.

twistedbeats
01-27-2004, 04:01 PM
nope, the second you hit a key if it's your turn to act. and you get on beep for every key you hit.

Pokeraddict
01-27-2004, 05:18 PM
I completely agree, the beeping on the turn is terrible and is a main reason I do not play there. The 2nd reason is the rake on the 2/4 game is the worst on the net. Where else is the rake 25 cents on each $5? Usually its 50 cents per $10 or $1 per $20, sounds the same but it surely is not. The support sucks too in my opinion. I played my bonus out and cashed out.

CrackerZack
01-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Here, since its causing you a form of insanity, here's a small fix. Go to control panel, sounds, keep going until you get to the program events. Its either gonna be "critical stop" or "exclamation", turn off that sound. It won't stop it from grabbing focus and not letting go, but it won't beep at you. Its not a good fix, but if the beeping is making you here your dog talking to you, it could help.

Lori
01-27-2004, 07:29 PM
i guess what i want to do is make it an issue. i can't be the only one who's going insane with the beeping,

A rare event for me that can't be fixed with a search engine, but I have no idea what beeping you are on about.

I play 3 tables at UB on a regular basis and, other than the fact the chat has always sucked because of the move to front, so you end up typing in a different chat box, I don't know about any beeping.

Lori

MrDannimal
01-27-2004, 08:23 PM
But it doesn't grab focus and "not let go". It grabs focus and then beeps when you give invalid input. When it grabs focus, you can easily switch back to whatever window you were in to do a quick 3-5 second "finish" and then act (if you must).

I don't have a problem with it at all, though. I set up my screen so that the table is in the upper left, the stats window is just to the right of that, and the hand history is below the stats window. Below the table is either another table in mini-view (if I'm sweating a friend) or a web browser/journal entry window.

I gotta say, I'm not all that upset about a feature that helps keep the games moving. One of their (UB) strengths is the fastest games on the net.

Iplayragstoo
01-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Why don't you go back to ACR? As I remember the few times I played there you were glued to any table that was going. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Is that place still around? They had the worst software I have ever seen. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

twistedbeats
01-29-2004, 01:49 PM
are you saying you don't experience this when you're chatting? here's what ahppens for me: when i'm playing two tables, and am chatting in table b when table a gets forced to front, for every time i hit a key before i realize what's happened, ultimatebet beeps. i type about 70 wpm

i ha the sound turned off, still got beeps. and from a recommendation from rgp, turned the sound on, but the alert option off, and still got beeps.

if this isn't happening for you, tell me what your settings are.

Lori
01-29-2004, 01:59 PM
I type at a similar speed, if i do this, i get one warning beep sometimes and it allows me to carry on, often I don't even get that and I just end up typing in the wrong window.

Off to check settings now.

All sound options checked.
No Animation checked
Force table to front unchecked

All others seem irrelevant (as does no animation, but this changes some weird things on some sites)

Also, I use mini view

Lori