PDA

View Full Version : JTo in MP on tight Party 2/4 table

AliasMrJones
01-27-2004, 12:57 PM
This table has been quite tight and I've been raising when it is folded to me in MP/LP if I have any kind of playable hand.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

Hero raises, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds

Flop(5 1/2 SB): Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls

Turn(3 3/4 BB): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls

River(7 3/4 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, MP2 checks

So, thoughts on PF raise? This table went from typical to tight and back to typical over about 2-3 hours. When it got tight and was folded around, I decided to get more aggressive PF when it was folded to me in MP or LP. Post-flop, wasn't quite sure how to play this when it was raised back at me. Also interestd in comments about how my opponent played, but I'll wait and post the results in a few hours.

Joe Tall
01-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Fold preflop.

There are much better situations than this to play marginal hands on such a table.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Festus22
01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
I think MP1 is a bit early to make a steal raise with this cheese. Fold PF.

On the turn, I'd check/call. Even then, you barely have the implied odds to call your open ender. I believe the adage "check with outs, bet with no outs" applies here.

el_grande
01-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Fold preflop.

Flop bet is good.

Check/fold the turn and river.

Not sure why you are chasing a small pot with junk. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

AliasMrJones
01-27-2004, 05:26 PM
My opponent had 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. He called my PF raise with it with no limpers. He called my flop bet after the raise with it. He raised the turn when a 5 fell. I've never raised JTo in this position in my life before. Using my normal raising standards, I've either got a pocket pair TT or higher or AK/AQ. Any of those beat his pair of fives with that board so I'm not sure why he continued beyond the flop. This was actually a very tight table, was folded around, so I thought I'd try some steal raises. I think one actually worked and the rest I got heads up with someone that caught some small piece of the flop and called me down. Felt a bit like beating my head against a wall. Looks like this little experiment failed. Next time a Party table gets this tight, I'll change tables.