PDA

View Full Version : hold 'em software accuracy?

10-27-2001, 11:33 AM
How do you find your performance against the Wilson Turbo software matches up with your performance at the table? Thanks.

10-29-2001, 12:12 AM
I am relatively new with Wilson Turbo software and I'm finding it difficult to match their players with the ones I find at 4-8 tables at Harrah's Indiana.

In the games at Harrah's there is a raise before the flop in maybe 1 out of 5 hands and there are usually 5-8 callers. The computer simulation almost always has 2 raises pre-flop and averages 3 callers.

Also, in the low limit games I experience a free card once in every third or fourth hand. There's almost never a free round on the computer.

I assume that the program can be adjusted to play like the games I play in but I also wonder if I should practice on the computer against weak players or strong players.

10-29-2001, 10:30 AM
I don't know HOW new you are to Turbo software, but you can choose from a dozen or more line-ups, from "tough" to "loose" to "low limit" to "moderate," and you can make your own line-up as well. Player styles are described under "Profiles."

There's a way to customize individual player styles, but I've found that it takes longer than it's worth, for me, anyway.

Make sure you have turned on the option that allows players to adjust their play based on your style--much more realistic.

Also, you can adjust the amount of raising the players do. That may help you to simulate the Harrah's Indiana tables.

Anyway, good luck, and thanks for replying.