PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom.com getting off it's ass

Inthacup
01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure someone posted about the pokerroom reload bonus already. I think this is a huge step for them. I've always kept tabs on that site as it was my first experience with online poker and I'm somewhat partial to it.

Something that really surprises me is that they now have TV sponsorship. After taking a quick look at late night poker's site (http://www.latenightpoker.tv/), it looks like they're sponsoring a tourney in Wales.

For those Euros out there, is the show already televised and making it's way over the Atlantic? Is this an established European tourney or is this their first year?

It'll be interesting to see what affect this will have on Pokerroom's NL and limit game selection.

Cup

Mackas
01-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Late Night Poker has been going for years - its the original televised poker series, an annual televised tournament basically based on a number of single table tourneys (like SNGs but with less people) with the winner of each going to the final SNG and all the seconds playing in a semifinal SNG for the last final place. It was the first program with televised hole cards and is into something like its sixth series. Previous winners include Devilfish Ulliot and Phil Hellmuth. Its a bit more subdued than WPT but still an excellent program, focusing almost exclusively on the poker rather than the personalities and frills. I thought they were already rerunning these in the states - check out Cardplayer TV listings.

thomastem
01-27-2004, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure someone posted about the pokerroom reload bonus already.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

What reload bonus? I got no e-mail and don't see it in their promotions section.

TylerD
01-27-2004, 12:31 PM
They had stopped making LNP despite excellent viewing figures for that timeslot (midnight, Friday), but it looks like they could be making some more.

Piers
01-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Imagine my surprise when I was changing trains at Oxford Circus and I see a full size advert for Pokerroom. Can’t be bad.

TylerD
01-27-2004, 12:56 PM
They also have banner ads at Premiership rugby grounds.

JayLeno
01-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Try to go to to "my account" and see if there is something there. Otherwise try email them.

michfan
01-27-2004, 06:24 PM
An earlier post said that you had to deposit by 1/30/04 to get the bonus. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Drunk Bob
01-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Pokeroom was also my first experience with online poker,unfortunally I lost most of my original buy-in (small) so I went to Pacific with their lower stakes to learn the game.

I have learned a few things thanks to the books I have read and 2+2.

I also recieved the E-mail and went to their site and tried to down load their newer software but it would not install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Robert

goodguy_1
01-27-2004, 07:05 PM
yes there are repeats on FOX SPORTS NET in my area 12midnite every weekday of late.

yes PokeRoom was my FIRST really money playing>iplayed playmoney on there for like a year before it went live...seems like a long long time ago and really its only about 2 1/2-3 years..

Cubswin
01-27-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine my surprise when I was changing trains at Oxford Circus and I see a full size advert for Pokerroom. Can’t be bad

[/ QUOTE ]

I once saw an advert in a tube station for the millennium dome /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daveymck
01-27-2004, 07:45 PM
I dont think there was a series last year suspect they are bringing it back with the popularity of the Poker Millions on sky and the tie in with pokeroom has maybe given them the funds for another series.

Poker million is starting on sky soon will be good to see some more LNP though.

Lori
01-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Poker million is starting on sky soon will be good to see some more LNP though.

The only trouble with LNP is that it is full of World Class wannabe's as the selection process is heavily done by word of mouth and knowing the right people.
(I knew the right people and got to 2nd on the wait list for series 2, however my backer pulled out at the last second and by the time I could have got on there, it was too late to find a new one /images/graemlins/frown.gif )

If they could get rid of 75% of the Hendon Mob (okay 50%, Barney had a run once, guess we should let him play) and some of the other pathetic players that just happen to know the organisers, the series would have some more credibility amongst those on the regular circuit.

Edit: I do not however doubt, or complain about what it has done for poker in this country.

Lori

ArchAngel71857
01-27-2004, 08:25 PM
the cash cow returneth. good to know that it will take me as long to clear this reload bonus as it did for them to advertise it.

-AA