PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 party

Jdanz
01-27-2004, 05:40 AM
i get q /images/graemlins/spade.gif k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button
utg +1 and 2 call folded to co who calls and i call on button, sb completes and bb checks.

flop comes down /images/graemlins/club.gif j /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10

sb bets bb calls everyone folds to me, i call

turn is /images/graemlins/spade.gifa sb bets bb calls i raise sb reraises bb calls 2 cold and i call.

river is a safe blank sb bets bb folds i call.

thoughts on all streets? call the flop bet? call or reraise on the turn? fold to the three bet and cold call? fold on the river? cap the turn or bet the river? thoughts all around... results in white below

<font color="white"> sb had j 10 for the flopped boat, lucky bastard </font>

Ed Miller
01-27-2004, 07:24 AM
Routine, though you are probably better off raising before the flop.

Stu Pidasso
01-27-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are probably better off raising before the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not automatically raise here. If a raise fails to fold out the blinds calling is superior. Also, if the EP players play reasonably well, you probably do not want to raise.

Stu

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 02:56 AM
I'd raise this PF here. No one has shown any strength, you have position for the rest of the hand, and you have a hand worthy of a raise here.

FLOP: SB bets, gets 1 caller, and they fold to you... RAISE! You have a draw to the nut straight. I know the board is paired, but everyone has been passive. Take control of the hand here. If the turn misses you, by raising, you improve the chances that they will check the turn to you, and if they do, you can either bet your draw again, or take a free card.

TURN: Nice raise here. When SB 3-bets here, you have to be a little wary of the boat, so calling is fine.

RIVER: And with SB betting out again on the river, a call is PROBABLY the right play here versus a raise.