PDA

View Full Version : The Wild Man Winning

Johnny
01-27-2004, 05:18 AM
I don't know if this falls in the Psychology part of poker or why I'm even posting this. I guess I just want to share.

Don't you just love it when the drunken manic starts winning a lot of money. I'm talking about sitting at a table with a guy that has drinks flowing to him like the Nile. And this guy is giving everyone bad beats. Disgusting bad beats like catching runner, runner to make his trip deuces.

A lot of people at the table get so pissed off. I can't help but grin when I see him give someone a bad beat, especially if that someone is an emotional roller coaster. This manic puts everyone on tilt and I can't help but encourage him. Even when he cracked my KK when he rivered his two pair. “You’re on a rush buddy!” I still love him. This guy next to me says, "That's it, I'm gonna get him like he gets everyone else." So he goes to the river with garbage and misses everything. Putting himself on even more tilt. I wish he lasted more than that hour.

It is so amusing to watch people tilt like that. It reminds me when I used to tilt and how stupid it was. God Bless him. I wish I knew his address so I could send him fruit basket.

Al Schoonmaker
01-28-2004, 05:40 PM
The current issue of Card Player is available at cardplayer.com. It has Part I of my series on Tilt. Part II will appear soon, and it points out that the wildly aggressive form of tilt is contagious. When people see crazy plays and trash hands winning huge pots, they often follow the tilted player. In fact, the entire table can go on tilt.
You have exactly the right attitude. Let the others go on tilt, but make sure you maintain your own emotional balance. If you don't, you can go on tilt and really get hurt.
Al

The Dude
01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Every time a maniac sits at my table, I'm happy. Every time I win a hand against a maniac, I'm happy. Every time the maniac puts a bad beat on another player, I'm going to piss my pants I'm so happy. Every time a maniac puts another player at my table on tilt, I want to kiss him I'm so happy.

God bless maniacs!!!

ThaSaltCracka
01-28-2004, 09:23 PM
I don't really have anything against maniacs, except when they are seated next to me, that sucks, especially on my right. THAT right there is one of the ways playing with maniacs suck

Al_Capone_Junior
01-29-2004, 01:19 AM
why on earth would the maniac being on YOUR RIGHT be a problem? That's precisely where I want them, and LOVE playing against them.

al

Al Schoonmaker
01-29-2004, 03:15 AM
You WANT a maniac to your right. You can then reraise to isolate him and fold all your marginal hands AFTER knowing what the action is.

However, you want him on your left if he is a RELIABLE maniac. If you KNOW he will bet, you are "the permanent button." You can check, see what action develops, and then make a decision.
Regards,
Al

ThaSaltCracka
01-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I meant on my imediate left, mb. It makes it very hard to limp with hands if he is going to reraise me, not to mention the fact he is very annoying as well.
The last time a maniac was next to me he straddled my BB almost everytime, so that is why I hate having him next to me

Al_Capone_Junior
01-29-2004, 06:31 PM