PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed on every street?: Hand A

brick
01-27-2004, 04:16 AM
3-6 B&M with 5/10 Kill

Kill pot. I'm in the SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

MP Limps. LP Kill button raises. I call. BB calls.
Flop is Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

I go for the check raise, thinking LP will bet to 'protect his kill'.

Checked around.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet. BB Raised. I call.

River: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check and call.

Ed Miller
01-27-2004, 07:42 AM
I would fold before the flop. You have only $1 of blind to go toward calling a $10 bet, so you can almost forget that you are in the blind at all. Since I wouldn't cold-call on the button with this hand usually, I certainly am not going to cold-call with it from the small blind position.

When you are raised on the turn, you should fold. The pot is small, and you are likely to be drawing dead.

Joe Tall
01-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Playing AQo out of position when it's raised preflop isn't a good idea in the long run. ESPECIALLY in a Kill pot, I'm assuming it's a $2 blind, so you threw in $8, that's no good.

If you feel the LP has loose standards out of his Kill Blind and you are going to play it, 3-bet and try to isolate the preflop-raiser, it would have been easier postflop if you did.

I think you can fold to the turn raise. That's a heavily cooridinated board. Betting flop seems like a better play. You've learned a tough lesson playing a weak hand out of position, I feel.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

brick
01-27-2004, 02:56 PM
I didn’t give much credit to the kill button when he made it $10. He was unknown to me, but it’s really common for the killer to raise with any two big cards or middle pairs.
Right now I’m leaning towards 3 betting pre-flop.
If I absolutely knew that the Kill Button did not have AA, AK, KK, AQ, or QQ, then should I 3-bet?

As it turns out, not 3-betting might have cost me the pot.

The BB had KT for the flopped straight.