PDA

View Full Version : should I be berated for this

Mikey
01-27-2004, 01:22 AM
I'm playing at the Borgota 6-12.

I limp UTG with KK, obviously for a limp reraise.

next player folds.

The next player limps.
Next guy raises.
Everyone folds to BB who calls.
I reraise.
Limper calls.
Original raiser caps.
BB folds.
I call.
Limper calls.

Flop is 7 3 8.

I bet.
Call.
Call.

Turn is a J. completing the rainbow.

I bet.
Call.
Call.

River is an Ace.

I check.
Next guy folds out of turn.
Original raiser bets.
I call.

What do you think?

Stu Pidasso
01-27-2004, 01:31 AM
I don't have a problem with how you played your hand. I might have tried a checkraise on the flop if the capper was the LAG you knew you were going to be able to limp re-raise.

Stu

Joe Tall
01-27-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm not a big fan of limp-re-raising but I think you played it fine.

Where you berated for calling the river versus an opponent that surely had the Ace?

Peace,
Joe Tall

MaxPower
01-27-2004, 11:44 AM
You shouldn't be berated at the table for any play you make. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their hand.

If you want to be berated, come to 2+2.

Unless the game is very tight, I'm not a fan of limp-reraising with Kings. From what I know of Borgata 6/12, its usually not tight.

Other than that, I can't fault the way you played it.

Stu Pidasso
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless the game is very tight, I'm not a fan of limp-reraising with Kings. From what I know of Borgata 6/12, its usually not tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

With KK your goal should be to get as much money into the pot pre-flop as possible. If there is a Loose Agressive player behind who you "know" is going to raise, limp-reraising is the superior play. If you're not 100% sure it will be raise behind you, come out betting.

Stu

MaxPower
01-27-2004, 04:46 PM
I understand the purpose of limp-reraising, I just don't think the typical 6/12 Borgata game is the place to do it. The poster didn't say whether there was a loose/aggressive player in the game.

From my experience with 6/12 at the Borgata, the way to get the most money into the pot would be to raise pre-flop. You will get called by numerous players.

If his game was different, he should say so.

Stu Pidasso
01-27-2004, 05:19 PM
The issue I had with your original commnet was "Unless the game was very tight". I do not think the game has to be tight for a limp re-raise to be correct.

[ QUOTE ]
the way to get the most money into the pot would be to raise pre-flop. You will get called by numerous players.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if your in the right spot a limp-reraise can get them all to put three or four bets into the pot while you hold a multiway powerhouse hand.

Stu